leeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markjames

Car
mercedes e220 coupe
Up to Leeds for a weekend next month, staying at either the Hilton city centre or Doubletree by Hilton. Have Saturday all planned but getting there on Friday afternoon. Can anyone suggest a good restaurant. Pretty open to style but like quality food and don't mind paying for it. Thanks

You used to be able to get a good nose bag at The Restaurant at 42 The Calls, but I think it's gone. Box Tree in Ilkley has had it's ups and downs over the years, mostly ups though. I think it's maintained it's star(s) of late.

Box tree not that good these days, but if you are into your meat then there is a good Brazilian a stones throw from either hotel, we had our Christmas do there absolutely brilliant

Fazenda Leeds - A unique dining experience

Not sure I would be keen on eating a Brazilian in Leeds or anywhere else for that matter. Each to their own I suppose...

Not sure I would be keen on eating a Brazilian in Leeds or anywhere else for that matter. Each to their own I suppose...

I've eaten a few Brazilians in my time, particularly in Sao Paulo & Rio :eek: this is as good as any of those and you can always wash it down with a few caipirinha's if you don't like the taste :D

No hairs stuck in your teeth afterwards ?

Box tree not that good these days, but if you are into your meat then there is a good Brazilian a stones throw from either hotel, we had our Christmas do there absolutely brilliant

Fazenda Leeds - A unique dining experience

+1 for Fazenda. It is right across from the courtyard from the Double Tree, but best to book ahead though as it can be quite busy.

Box tree not that good these days...

Interested to know why you say that, I thought it was on the up recently, I know it has a chequered history, but it's got its star back and mostly the reviews are pretty good.

I'm probably getting my exhaust done (when the weld finally gives up) by Tony Banks and was thinking that we might stop over and eat whilst we're up there.

Jamie Oliver's on Park Row is good , lively great food , not cheap though

My SL was owned by the lady that owned box tree, how's that for tenuous
PS we eat in Leeds a lot and Arts is decent food and reasonably priced
Kendals is also good

My SL was owned by the lady that owned box tree, how's that for tenuous

blimey....that was a long time ago. My first time there was '77 which was I think its annus mirabilis, and it was good. I had been lucky enough to have my nosebag filled several times in 71/2 by Franco Taruschio at The Walnut Tree, and the Box Tree compared well. :D:D

Interested to know why you say that, I thought it was on the up recently, I know it has a chequered history, but it's got its star back and mostly the reviews are pretty good.

I'm probably getting my exhaust done (when the weld finally gives up) by Tony Banks and was thinking that we might stop over and eat whilst we're up there.

It's one they use from work a lot for clients but last time I was there which would be February, it just didn't work for me, too long between courses, staff bordering on rude, food pretentious and over priced. I've no problem paying good money for good food but good money for at best average food I do have a problem with. For 2 of you there's no change from £150 at the cheapest and to me compared to some of the London restaurants that's way overpriced.

Tony banks made my exhaust on my CLK to my spec they really are a top outfit and really premier league unlike the box tree which pretends to be Premier league but is really division 1 at best

JMHO

blimey....that was a long time ago. My first time there was '77 which was I think its annus mirabilis, and it was good. I had been lucky enough to have my nosebag filled several times in 71/2 by Franco Taruschio at The Walnut Tree, and the Box Tree compared well. :D:D

Was owned by madamme Avis who employed Marco Pierre white at the time

Was owned by madamme Avis who employed Marco Pierre white at the time
It was indeed. Iirc it was Marco's first stint in the kitchen. He's a Leeds lad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom