Left cornering light warning - C204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ZeroMocha

Car
C-class coupe
Hi,

C-class C180 coupe

I had to replace my headlight unit as the ILS stopped working (long story). I got a replacement off a C220 with a different part number, but they confirmed the part was compatible.

A warning has come on now that say left cornering light is not working. This never came on before.

Is there a possibility the cornering module in the car is faulty (I have been told there is one)?

I started the car with no headlight connected and the warnings stack up. Intell. light system Inoperative; Left cornering light, Left dipped beam.

Since I didn't have this one before it leads me to believe i need to get a headlight with the same part number. I was trying to save myself a couple hundred quid 🤷‍♂️

Get the car on STAR, it may be something needs coding to enable the cornering function.
It would be useful to get the codes read/erased anyway?

I don't have access to STAR :( Unfortunately I don't think I would be looking to invest in one neither as i am about to sell the car and switch to a VW that i acquired (I need to buy a house). I was just wondering whether anyone else had any other suggestions...

what is star
STAR is Mercedes' own diagnostics system. All Mercedes dealerships have this, along with many Merc independents

Could it not just be that the bulb for the left cornering light has gone? I'm getting the same message recently, been meaning to source a new bulb for a while but just not got round to it yet.

EDIT: just noticed the age of the OP, why do people ressurect stuff like this 🤷

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom