Legal advice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My understanding of it all is insurance is there to put you back where you were.

My thinking is if I have had to take a day off for a surveyor to inspect my house for structural damage, through no fault of my own, why should it cost me a day off...

Had they been able to visit in the evening, I wouldn't have cared.

I guess some people have enough money to not care about a few hundred pounds.

I'm happy to receive donations from them accordingly if they can PM me and I will send on some details! :D

If you are 3rd party (i.e. not the policy holder), then yes you are entitled to reasonable and demonstrable costs.

Your time for writing a letter is usually worth £20, for example. Then any postage or telephone calls, cost of surveyor (if you paid for it). Not sure about a day off work though, might be worth putting it in and see what they say.

I recall losing a day's work a number of years ago , after being in a bump ; I had to take my car to the repairers , wait for a loan vehicle to be delivered ...

My employer didn't dock my wages , but they asked for the details of the third party who ran into the back of my car , citing that in cases of a loss being caused by the actionable negligence of a third party , they were entitled to recover those losses .

If you lose pay or are self employed , you should be able to make the same claim , or if your employer wants to then they could pursue this .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom