Legal help/Advice Required Please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought that they wanted to know who was driving?

I thought that they wanted to know who was driving?

They did (as is standard practice) with automated camera speeding fines. I told them, by reply using their form(s) I was driving and it is my car. I then heard nothing further until now (three years later)

Well that sounds more hopefull. The fact you have been found guilty of the speeding offence might be an indication that they did indeed receive your communication as to the drivers identity. i.e. you. Further the lack of any record of this with the DVLA in the shape of points or disqualification might be taken as an indication that "due process" following the verdict was not carried out. The date of said guilty verdict might be usefull as an indication of this? Perhaps someone who is familiar with court / prosecution administrative procedure post trial could comment? One assumes the clerk of the court should communicate the verdict to the requisite authorities????? :dk:

ps this guidance might shed some light but its clear as mud- my guess is that you somehow fell through the legal cracks Bruce.
http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/assets/uploads/files/OD_000055.pdf

Last edited:
The only advice I can offer is to speak to a solicitor. They may cost, but they do know the law. They are also a good buffer between you and your accusers, as they represent your interests will do all they can to ensure you get justice (for a financial reward).

I've used a solicitor any number of times to fight back against organisations that try to use my ignorance against me, and won most arguments, so even though they cost, they will give you genuine advice that can help.

Wierd

Blimey, Why do these things always happen to you Brucie?

Well tomorrow is the day Bruce,I hope the court sees sense ,but I suspect they will not be very interested about if you replied to the original letter,they will want the fine,of course argue your case,it does open all sorts of weird questions like will you get 3 points,which if they had been awarded back then would have been removed from your licence by now,why give them to you now,of course speeding fines have increased since then will you get the £60 or some bigger number based on your financial worth,if nothing else if you kick off in the court I will visit you ,but try not to shout Allahu Akba because they shoot you for that.

Best wishes for tomorrow, Bruce.
You've fought bigger battles, this should be a breeze.

Hi Bruce,
I just read this thread and the one on Peppipoo.
All the best for your court appearance tomorrow.
Hope the magistrates treat you well and you get a good result!
Also hope that the stress of the case does not negatively impact your health.
Cheers
Steve

All the best for tomorrow Bruce.

I endorse Ted's nicely put words (did you see what I did there?)

If they send you down, can I have your C55 until you are released?;)

All the best Bruce. Your friends from MBClub will be rooting for you.

Good luck for tomorrow.
I hope common sense prevails.

Friends

I have to say: Whatever the outcome? I am genuinely humbled by the responses on here from all of you.

Neilrr pointed me at the peppipoo website and the folks on there have given me very solid "legal' advice and great personal support. A great resource to have to hand with some very knowledgeable members. Thank you Neil.

I am not looking forward to the actual hearing, despite being well prepared. It's crazy and irrational, I know that. But I feel trapped. I think it is feeling that "what if I am not believed?" I want to have my say and know I am telling the truth, but it really will come down to who they believe. I suspect that it will not be me as I am just another face in the crowd against their legal might who do this every single day.

Thank you for all your kind messages of support.

Bruce

I do hope the experience will turn out to be less stressful than you are expecting and am sure there is no reason that you will not be believed. Good luck anyway

Good luck today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom