Lemming-like grille star!

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by OneCarefulOwner, Jul 1, 2011.

1. OneCarefulOwner

OneCarefulOwner Active Member

Car:
    E200 Auto S124
    I've just had my 3-pointed star jump off the bonnet while cruising at high speed! I don't believe it's due to anyone messing with it while it was parked, and I'd already had a 2 hour drive first-thing this morning during which time the star showed no signs of being loose.

Is it normal for them to spontaneously throw themselves to the wind? Luckily mine slid up the bonnet & got caught in the windscreen surround, so I was able to retrieve it when I pulled into the first available parking lay-by… It doesn't looks like anything's broken off?

2. John

John Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    I wish.
    By no means anything remotely to do with your post but just looking at your signature there reminds me of my dad's 1978 T reg **** brown Allegro.

I don't think they have a great press but I have fond memories of it although it did some weird things like made a funny clonk sound when the brakes were pressed.

It was a 1500 Super but with the choke pulled out when warm, it actually accelerated quite well!

3. jaymanek

jaymanek Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    Lots of Mercedes!
    BTB500 had a similar experience with his indicator lens!

Bring back screws and metal i say....