Length of 722.6 distick for 2003 c220 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikezxcv

Car
c220 cdi
Could Someone tell us how far the dipstick should go into the hole please ie. the length from the bottom of the sump to the top of the dipstick hole. theres lots of information on how deep the fluid level in the sump should be but I cant find this measurement anywhere which I think is just as important as I find it difficult to feel when it has reached the bottom due to the force needed to get around the bend in the filler tube. My dipstick will quite happily bend around the corner and keep going. A mark at the top of the dipstick would be very useful. if you have an MB dipstick the measurement from the full mark to the dipstick hole would be equally useful.
Thanks

Even the MB dipsticks are longer than the tube. Once it has gone through the bend...be careful.

I realise that. Iwanted to know the length from the top of the tube to the bottom of the sump so I don't push it in too far
Thanks

I don't think you can push it too far-when it reaches the end point the stick will flex.

mine does. it is flexible right to the end and just carries on going in there.
Maybe I didn't get the best tool for the job but if someone can tell me what length of dipstick I should push into the hole it would be fine
Ive got this 1
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-...370?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a2b676f1a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom