Length of DIPSTICK ML280 2007 (57)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossy

Car
Me:-CLS55 AMG & ML280 Edition Wife:-Pug 3008 GT Line Premium
High...must be other owners on here......I think its right as it has 642 and 09 stampped on the very top.
But could someone please do me the huge favour of checking its the right length? Seems short to me...
Just if its too short then obviously I am over filling it....

dipstick.jpg

Thanks

:oops: ooh! I thought this was going to be a bit rude at first. :D

The overall length is immaterial, it just has to be long enough to get the measuring piece into the sump. The little diamond moulding at the top of the measuring piece will stop the thing going in too far.

The overall length is immaterial, it just has to be long enough to get the measuring piece into the sump. The little diamond moulding at the top of the measuring piece will stop the thing going in too far.
Have to disagree, its only immaterial if it is the correct length or longer.....NOT shorter for quite obvious reasons.....if mine for example is not even reaching the stop its going to be measuring oil half way (well higher for sure) up the tube than it should because it should be further down until it hits the diamond stop as you rightly say!
It becomming clearer that the car has not been to the best garage (s) in the past.....so would not supprise me in the slightest if it did have the wrong one in....it would anser some of the other issue I am having if its so.
Someone on here should know? I found one that said it should be 650mm but it may have been one of those universal ones....its just something I want to rule out.

Which is why I say long enough. All the service dipsticks I've seen in use have been significantly longer than the dipstick tube. They aren't usually left In situ but perhaps that's not the case with all models. The one pictured does appear to have an O ring in the handle....

Yeh ML w164 actually has a Dipstick.....amazing isnt it...my CLS does not for Engine or Gearbox!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom