Lenny Henry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to like him. I thought he was great in Motorhead.
Didn't know his second name was 'Henry' though.

He seems to have done more good than harm. As to wether he's a w*****, as I've never met him I can't comment.

Again, I agree with the sentiments but I don't think he actually co-founded comic relief.

Yes he did :doh:

"Comic Relief is an operating British charity, founded in 1985 by the comedy scriptwriter Richard Curtis and comedian Lenny Henry in response to famine in Ethiopia" Taken from Wikipedia

I accept that you don't have to like the guy, but he is partly responsible for the huge efforts to raise money for many others hence the award :confused:

The above awarded a lifetime award , FFS what has he done , apart from being well paid for lying in bed . W*****.

Lynton Crosby awarded a knighthood , FFS what has he done , apart from being well paid for lying. W*****.

Lynton Crosby awarded a knighthood , FFS what has he done ...

Reminds me of Amanda Platell. Not in terms of the gong, more the reliance on questionable overseas talent to solve very British problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have given up worrying who gets awards, it is the award system that is carp!

Well he can't have ben knighted for services to comedy. He's about as funny as an unflushed toilet.

Well he can't have ben knighted for services to comedy. He's about as funny as an unflushed toilet.

His original Michael Crawford on Oppos Nockatunity, where his colour was a disguised. was superb.

Pathewolf said:
Yes he did :doh: "Comic Relief is an operating British charity, founded in 1985 by the comedy scriptwriter Richard Curtis and comedian Lenny Henry in response to famine in Ethiopia" Taken from Wikipedia I accept that you don't have to like the guy, but he is partly responsible for the huge efforts to raise money for many others hence the award :confused:

Did Richard Curtis get a knighthood as well?
And if not why not :) ( Devil )

Don't like Lenny Henry personally, don't even find him funny TBH.

I never found Lenny Henry funny but somewhat entertaining.

His stuff was quite light-hearted - I remember the LH Show in the 80's. 2 litre Ford wicked and all that. Nah 'at I mean?

Some impressions weren't bad.

It's a subjective thing so I guess the spectrum of opinion will always be there.

I'm surprised anyone hates him enough to be offended and call him a w.

One of his classic Brummi 'send ups' was with his , " would yow like a kipper tie"........ " two sugars plaze".

I'm surprised anyone hates him enough to be offended and call him a w.

I think that's what surprised me about the OP. I don't think anyone (comedian, actor, rockstar etc) suits all. We're all different and like different people to entertain us.

If we all named our favourite comedian for example, many would disagree.

Maybe it's just me, I don't think I actually HATE anyone (in the public eye so to speak) enough to call them names. They're doing their best and making a living at something they love.

I think there's 3-4 members here that I think are genuinely hilarious but even they would struggle to make a living out of their humor.

Ant. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a nasty thread to start.

OP - what makes you less of a w####r than him? Go on - genuinely interested to hear your contribution to society.

Or is this poor exercise in trolling.... :doh:

tumblr_mxpjgcJ9sv1s6ylubo1_1280.jpg

Did Richard Curtis get a knighthood as well?
And if not why not :) ( Devil )

That would be fair but are these awards always fair :confused:

For me, I think some of Lenny's humour is less humorous now than it once was but that happens to lots of long term comedians and he's been in the industry a long time.

Maybe the OP's unfamiliar with his past and all his charity work but he is also a gifted actor and (with the right material) a reasonable singer.

Frankly, anyone who can make Dudley seem funny deserves an award (tin hat at the ready) :D

What a nasty thread to start.

OP - what makes you less of a w####r than him? Go on - genuinely interested to hear your contribution to society.

Or is this poor exercise in trolling.... :doh:

Well said that man!:thumb:

I remember when he appeared in the talent show, very popular at the time. All the good work he has done since must count for something.
And he was fun draw!

Attachments

• Lenny-Henry-caricature2.jpg
    Lenny-Henry-caricature2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom