Lesson Learnt!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thmsshaun

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 C300 4Matic, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2015 Triumph Tiger800 XCX
Been away over to Jersey for a few days and thought what better place to leave my car than with my uncle. A nice private drive locked up out the way in a quiet village.

It has to be safer than works car park or on the street at my house surely?

wing1.jpg

wing2.jpg

Well my uncle reversed his Discovery into it whilst trying to avoid a plant pot. :crazy: So dont ask to park your car at a relatives house.

Other the that seen some awesome cars in Jersey

3 211 E55's 2 black (1 an estate) and a Silver salloon :cool:

:eek: I dont BELIEVE it :crazy:

doh - I bet you were dumfounded in your incredulicity - no such word but its how I would have felt aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh

never mind - at least it will knock out ;)

OUCH! New wing dude! That expensive AMG front spoiler/bumper seems to be unscathed fortunately!

Looks like tust the wing. Good luck really, just as well to replace it now and have it wax oiled before it rusts away naturally.

Ditto what they said :( :(

I had a van crash into my W202 a few months ago. It was a 30mph impact on the front wing but the dent was half the size!:crazy:

Good luck in getting it sorted, silver's a very hard colour to blend in properly so find a top bodyshop.

Good thing its just the wing, bolt off bolt on job, maybe worthwhile getting your uncle to pay for the repairs rather tthan claiming of the insurance.

Amazing, you think you have got everything covered, but still sh*t happens. Sorry, from your uncle, don't quite say enough. :( good luck with the reapir.

Gutted for you. Hope you get it sorted mate. So frustrating and annoying when something like this happens. It is probably not worth going through your insurance if you have excess to pay.

If your uncle has protected no claims than may be worth claiming off his insurance and you will also not end up paying the excess.

Sorry to hear about the damage mate...:mad:

I hope that your uncle is reasonable and pays for the repairs without you having to claim of your insurance. Hopefully it will just be the wing that needs replacing and painted/blended in with rest of the panels. As already said take it to a good bodyshop and they will be able to match/blend the wing in nicely...

Flash said:
Sorry to hear about the damage mate...:mad:

I hope that your uncle is reasonable and pays for the repairs without you having to claim of your insurance. Hopefully it will just be the wing that needs replacing and painted/blended in with rest of the panels. As already said take it to a good bodyshop and they will be able to match/blend the wing in nicely...

Yeah there is no issue there. He was mad with himself and called to tell me about it whilst I was away. Well they say accidents always happen close to your home. He drives an articulated tanker for a living, mostly going to Farms and messing around tight spaces and small roads and has never had a bump.

These things happen. Just the inconvenience more than anything dealing with the insurer.

Think I will more thank likely get the bonnet and bumper painted as well though when it goes in to clear up all the stone chips. Although I think things will be tight. B service today and needs new rear boots :crazy:

:eek: Feel for you mate, hope you get it sorted with little fuss as poss' :)

Wooooahhh!

Gutted! At least you know who did it etc...

Could have been far worst!

I feel a mod comming on, how about ordering some early wings without the holes from the Fatherland & fit some blinking mirrors :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom