Let’s see you’re pride & Joy ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was good, would have been so much better if the cloud wasn't like driving through fog and I didn't have a petrified other half sat in the back

LOL. The weather at the top.....I got stuck up there in a hire car in November a couple of years ago. It was drizzling on the coast and Siberian up top. Whoops.

And, thinking about it, there aren't too many sections that are well enough sighted to let rip until you're doing the moorland bit before Applecross.

Anyway, I'm jealous. That road is like a rite of passage for me and every time I'm in the area I insist on driving it. The first time would have been in 1983 in my mate's Sprint and I've done it tons of times since. The last time I tackled it in one of my cars, however, was in 2001 when I went up there for a wedding with my future wife and did it in my second 200SX. Literally went over for a pint in the Applecross in and then came back over and resumed the drive home to London.

Since then we had kids and the trip has become a fly drive. I've been over there in some right munters (Peugeot 2008 I'm looking at you). Also some OK cars (a succession of Astras) and, most recently, a Golf which was nicely damped and well suited to those roads.

Here you go. Horatio Designo Mauritius Blue paint. Designo Mauritius Blue Nappa leather seats. £8151 of factory options. Dyno remap to 520bhp 770Nm and 155mph limiter delete.
453_16_thumb.jpg453_17_thumb.jpg453_18_thumb.jpg453_19_thumb.jpg453_29_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• 453_17_thumb.jpg
    453_17_thumb.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom