Let me see ur monitors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim55

Car
c220 cdi
For a camera , I'm fitting a standalone monitor so it's not built in to dash command , any ideas or pics where to put it , at present I'm thinking bottom right corner of windscreen or right below the mirror , anybody any suggestions ( helpful ones lol

So it can't ever be a distraction, you could remove the ashtray (or the cubby hole if smoking pack isn't fitted) and place it there. If you are looking for an easier cable run, you could mount it in the glove box (or on the inner side of the lid) where it is out of sight for distraction (but easily viewable when needed) and out of sight of thieves.

Il have to investigate the mounting in ashtray thing do know if there's a way of fitting it so it isn't just kinda lying in the space

Il have to investigate the mounting in ashtray thing do know if there's a way of fitting it so it isn't just kinda lying in the space

What springs to mind is make a cardboard template to use to make a plate (out of thin MDF or aluminium which can be painted or covered) to mount the screen to…maybe use a couple of small pieces of number plate double sided tape for the fixing which will be strong enough to hold in place but not so strong the plate can't be prised off without damage. If you are feeling adventurous, you could even cut out the centre to the size of the screen and make a small box on the back to mount the screen in so it sits flush with the plate. Have a look around the websites for car audio installers for ideas…anything is possible.

That's a great idea , cheers defo gona take this further

I don't smoke so the ashtray unit isn't used,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom