Lets fight back Sensors Scam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

khaki

Car
Mercedes C200
I have been reading the forums regarding the NOx sensor issue.
No one in the world will be needing their car to be in bad shape, hence we all take good care of our cars, Agree?

So, anything which is a rubbish technology added to the car and stops working without any reason is it our problem??
And if it does, does the part should be that expensive??

We should raise a voice that Mercedes should call off the vehicles and fix them on their cost for the Nox sensor issue or any unreliable part they have maufactured.

Please say YES to this voice and the mature and expert forum handlers should do something about it.

The technology has been added to diesel cars in order to reduce emissions. I doubt that anyone could argue that this is not a good thing. The sensors are part of this technology and seem to cause the most problems. The most helpful thing that manufacturers (not just MB) could do would be to make the replacement parts available at a "sensible" price to encourage owners to maintain these emission systems in good health. Maybe they could even offer a specific emissions health check and repair service at a (half sensible) fixed price; market it as a benefit of running a MB or BMW or whatever.
I think it is the massive cost of the diagnostics, sensors (+tanks with built in sensors) and labour costs that causes the most irritation to owners - not the fact that the sensors need to be replaced per se.

And also the government could have granted a VAT exemption for emissions-related spares.

All true said above by you.
We should find a way to raise our voice and make it possible that it is covered by the manufacturer if they really want to sit in government lap for omission control. Riping off people pocket who already are suffering from business loss due to COVID>>

Who are the mature and expert forum handlers?

All true said above by you.
We should find a way to raise our voice and make it possible that it is covered by the manufacturer if they really want to sit in government lap for omission control. Riping off people pocket who already are suffering from business loss due to COVID>>

You are wasting your time.

The best thing to do is to vote with your feet and by another brand. That's what I have done after 20 years of Mercedes ownership and I am sure many others are and will be doing the same thing.

You are wasting your time.

The best thing to do is to vote with your feet and by another brand. That's what I have done after 20 years of Mercedes ownership and I am sure many others are and will be doing the same thing.

Sadly, I have to agree. I don't drive a Diesel myself anymore, but I do think that MB's BlueTec has been a shambles from day one, and this is even before mentioning Dieselgate (and the Dieselgate software update). Jusr steer clear of MB EU6 Diesel engines, would be my advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom