Lets hope Mercland come up trumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very nice ! Good luck with that.

I could go and test drive it for you, if you want. Actually, I wouldn't mind a thrash in a W212, 220 or 250.

Doesn't look very BMW to me.

Respect for you.
Respect for Jay.

However, you'll miss that V6 smoothness/power in a lowly 220 4 pot.

You (the great hooner) just will.

You won't tell us that you will (because that's how we're wired)...

but you will.

Don't do it.

Best of luck!

However, this is the first time I have seen the 204 under the bonnet - what a miserable sight, just an expanse of black plastic, with not even a hint of an engine shape underneath.

Best of luck!

However, this is the first time I have seen the 204 under the bonnet - what a miserable sight, just an expanse of black plastic, with not even a hint of an engine shape underneath.

If it's anything like his current car the black plastic will be off often enough!

Only joking, it looks very nice indeed, if not a little sensible!

Steve

Definitely a curveball choice from recent posts and comments but, thinking back to a conversation we previously had, this could be absolutely ideal.

That car looks stunning and I'm sure that Jay will provide a great car.

Take the extra warranty ...

Very nice ! Good luck with that.

Gotta buy it, its really a bit dear for my wallet, but nice and new with proven 5g and 220cdi engine. Should be nice, but need to get a price from Jay to see whether I can actually afford it or make it afforable.

I could go and test drive it for you, if you want. Actually, I wouldn't mind a thrash in a W212, 220 or 250.

Doesn't look very BMW to me.

If Jay and I can get a deal, I would be glad if you did and give it an eye over mate. I'll buy you a beer :thumb:

It doesn't look very BMW to me either, but its a nice car at a great price that I really cannot ignore. Plus I know the engine and box range better and search BMW N47 timing gear issues and you can see my apprehension, I'd have to purchase an older car for the M47 lump which does without the rear mounted timing gear that gives issues on the N47, and that means an older car and potentially more issues.

Respect for you.
Respect for Jay.

However, you'll miss that V6 smoothness/power in a lowly 220 4 pot.

You (the great hooner) just will.

You won't tell us that you will (because that's how we're wired)...

but you will.

Don't do it.

The V6CDI is an awesome performer, lovely lump, never will dispute that BUT IMHO the gearbox really doesn't do it for me.

I've been after a wagon for a while for various needs I have and this ticks all my boxes I'd look for in a RWD exec car

1. No leather
2. Sport
3. Nice colour scheme

To be honest John part of me will miss the power of my car, but its a tad large and I drive a lot on roads where really you cannot deploy it all safely. It will be cheaper to run, more reliable and more practical and more engaging than my 211.

There's a lot to like here.

I've gone from V8 petrols into 4 pot diesel, I can adapt to the quirks of a car really quickly:thumb:

This has got your name all over it Steve ...

4 pot diesels indeed ..... :rolleyes:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/classifieds-cars-sale/134716-e55k-2003-75k-11250-a.html

Nice car, but its for someone who has a bigger appetite for car repairs etc than me....Done with chasing up garages, getting this and that fixed.

I just want to go out for a tour and not worry about a breakdown and it to cost £50 for the day, not £100

Its time mate :D
A Day in the Life of an Internet Car Forum - YouTube

Steve

Definitely a curveball choice from recent posts and comments but, thinking back to a conversation we previously had, this could be absolutely ideal.

That car looks stunning and I'm sure that Jay will provide a great car.

Looks the biz doesn't it.

It will be ideal, comfort zone of 5g and 220cdi and bags of room for tents, cameras and it will be pleasant to drive (driven a 204, nearly E90 BMW sharp but nicer steering feedback if not as tightly controlled).

No need for non OEM suspension, no need for fancy wheel alignment and running around sorting that out (taken a month to get that sorted:rolleyes:) and non of the pitfalls of an older car which I really cannot be bothered with.

Take the extra warranty ...

:D

Manuals, much as I like them, I have a back issue (muscular) which rules them out for a car I use regularly, plus they come with DMF's on a manual.

SE's too. Too soft, I'd only consider a sports model as the SE 3 is a bit too soft;)

BMW SE is not soft. It's in line with MB Sport.

The 320D Courtesy car I had was with Sports. Felt every bloody bump and undulation. Was pleased to give it back.

Fair point on the auto though!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../page/1/radius/1500/postcode/dn12dj?logcode=p

BMW SE is not soft. It's in line with MB Sport.

The 320D Courtesy car I had was with Sports. Felt every bloody bump and undulation. Was pleased to give it back.

Fair point on the auto though!

BMW 3 SERIES 330D M SPORT 5DR TOURING AUTO/STEP 3.0 2008

Thats proper nice actually....

Miles bit on a high side as I am after something sub 40k but the price is good. Will give them a bell if Jay and I cannot work something out on this car.

If Jay doesn't offer the deal you're after, ask to speak to the Junior Director, Rishi Manek - I recon he'd do a deal if you offered a cuddly toy as p/x

Looks like a really nice car Steve and I reckon it doesn't get much better than buying a car from Jay. I was really eager to do a deal with Jay, but the right car just didn't turn up and I went for the car I currently have elsewhere. Big mistake. I should've been more patient and waited for Jay to find me one. I'd like to hope I can do a deal with Jay on the next car... :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom