Let's just boycott the Olympics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
BBC News - London 2012: Food and drink rules hit Olympics fans

I will refrain from comment

...except to say

How many people in venue?
How long to scan said number?
How long to argue toss at scanners - in umpteen languages?

Nah, just let 'em carry on with the mindless security and watch it on telly.

"If ticket holders wish to buy food items within Olympic Park they will have to use cash, or a Visa card, one of the sponsors of the 2012 Games.

McDonald's will be the only branded food outlet in Olympic Park"

But you can use your vi$a card to buy your Mclard burger?

And London's rate payers can be glad they've helped pay for this celebration of overseas companies, apparantly they'll be some sport too.

World class athletes, and you have to eat maccy d's gristleburgers.

Sets a fine example. You can win gold, silver or lard.

Are the Olympics coming to GB? Lucky there's no recession then.

Yet they wont tackle the *real* issues around these so called security threats.

Its like they deliberately keep known terror suspects on the loose JUST so they can impose stupid anti terror laws and force people not to bring packed lunches.
Just pathetic.

Yet they wont tackle the *real* issues around these so called security threats.

Its like they deliberately keep known terror suspects on the loose JUST so they can impose stupid anti terror laws and force people not to bring packed lunches.
Just pathetic.

Just part with £4.5k to have a drink in the £7.5 million Prestige Pavilion which will have a lifespan shorter than many insects (why the govt would want to waste so much money in a recession?)...

"The London Games is the first to feature a bespoke centre-stage hospitality centre: the "Prestige Pavilion", which is situated metres from the main stadium. The pavilion cost £7.5m to construct and will be in use for just 27 days before being demolished. Inside it a typical package will involve an eight-hour stay featuring champagne and canape reception, a four-course lunch with fine wines and what Gilpin described as "the best seats in the house" inside the Olympic stadium"

"On Wednesday the London Organising Committee's chosen provider Prestige Ticketing launched its range of corporate hospitality packages, while also releasing a report that estimates the total value of hospitality at the Games will be an astonishing £3bn. It is a figure that may raise awkward questions for Locog, the body charged with organising the summer games.

The right to provide ticketed corporate hospitality for all Olympic venues was sold to Prestige by tender, reportedly for a flat fee, the exact amount of which has yet to be divulged, although estimates have put it between £5m and £20m."

Pay £5m end up with £3bn, nice little earner Terry...

Wow, didnt know that. Looks like the Gov missed a trick there. But I expect there will be bungs and kickbacks.

Have you bought your ticket yet, or don't like canapés ?

The ticket sales purchase terms also set out, in section 19.2, other restricted items including large umbrellas, drugs, horns, whistles and drums, fireworks, flagpoles, weapons, ammunition, firearms and explosives.

So I cant smoke Crack while swigging gin and banging my drum while setting off fireworks and explosives as I shoot my AK-47 into the air (I hope I miss my umbrella) ?

I`m not going now, the ladies beach vollyball just won't be the same.

I wouldn't go within 5 miles of the Olympics while its in progress if you paid me.
Its all one big over-hyped pile of do-do.
I would rather watch paint dry.

There is a lot of people making a lot of money at management levels. I am lead to believe. Of course you can't believe all you hear, can you?

Looks like they have boycotted me.
Location, cost, T&Cs and generally no interest in people running, jumping, swimming and throwing things.
Ill watch a bit on TV on my Terms and Conditions.

Looks like they have boycotted me.
Location, cost, T&Cs and generally no interest in people running, jumping, swimming and throwing things.
Ill watch a bit on TV on my Terms and Conditions.

Northern Olympics:

Hare coursing

Pie eating

Darts

Moaning about southerners

Whippet racing

I think the olympic ticketing system and policy is great, I paid my 145.50 this year, and whatever it will be next year, for my TV license. I can get pizza delivered to my house for under a tenner, I'll need no sunscreen in the living room, and there'll be no queues for the toilets. Unlikely to be many security alerts and emergency evacuations at home, and even better I can still go to work and watch the action when I get home.

Not worth trying to sell my tickets on here then:D

Well, I am taking my wife and our 5 year old to see it. And yes we will probably spend a fortune getting there and a fortune to eat and drink. But, I can't wait another one hundred years to the next one in dear old blighty. And I will be happy to stand up and say ..... "I was there":)

I have already informed work if they try and send me to London during the games I will resign.

Northern Olympics:

Hare coursing

Pie eating

Darts

Moaning about southerners

Whippet racing

You forgot about us eating Quorn lovers as a delicacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom