lets scream down the motorway, crash and film it!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The lorry indicated and started to move into the path of an overtaking vehicle when it was not safe to do so. That's not acting reasonably, and it is clear from the video that the white SEAT was quite close to the lorry when it began to move across. The lorry driver was in the wrong and caused the accident.

The idiots caning their cars in the dark and rain were travelling well above the speed limit, and because of their speed, were unable to stop in time, so were driving dangerously in the conditions. They were also in the wrong and caused the accident.

I wonder if the lorry driver was prosecuted, and if so, for what? If not, why not?

Last edited:
Should all drivers look in mirror and try to antcipant all speeds? what about cars doing 80, or 100 over the limit? Where does it stop?
Yes. Looking twice would have given the lorry driver a reasonable idea how fast the cars were approaching. But we all know that many lorry drivers appear not to care about the speed at which vehicles are travelling in the lane that they’re moving into. The car drivers were absolute idiots and should have started braking as soon as they saw the lorry start to move out - if they were indeed looking ahead and not at each other - but with a bit more care from the lorry driver the incident could have been avoided. On the other hand, without this incident the moronic car drivers might have gone on to kill themselves or someone else.

If there was no dash cam footage it would be a non story.

3 car crash on the A1, truck pulls out on faster cars.

It wasn't their lucky day, but hey ho, we're all saints and stick to EVERY rule in the highway code.

I find it quite funny to watch the AMG boys criticise speeders 🤣.

And yes, I was an AMG boy....and I sped! Whats the point otherwise.

Should all drivers look in mirror and try to antcipant all speeds? what about cars doing 80, or 100 over the limit? Where does it stop

Closing speed would be difficult to judge at night, and the driver wouldn't be expecting that the pair of white lights in his mirror was actually three pairs of white lights, travelling at twice his speed, and "racing". That would be a difficult thing to work out from a drivers side mirror.

That's entirely the point. To reiterate the speeders are idiots, lock em up.

BUT the Lorry driver can't be absolved of all blame. Unless he is certain he can carry out his manouver before the cars approach he shouldn't be changing lanes. If in doubt don't change lanes.

Some poor driving all round there.

The distances left by the speeding drivers was poor and the conditions were similarly poor to be driving like that.

Speed used safely is fine by me but that was not the case here and as said, no strategy or what-ifs were calculated and they left themselves no way out of that.

The lorry driver also at fault for not checking enough like they do and we all see it. I saw it yesterday from Sainsburys delivery van but I'm always ready for dickheads to do this kind of manoeuvre as they seem to thick / unobservant / careless (choose what you like) to drive any better.

If speed cannot be accurately gauged by the lorry driver due to the prevailing conditions, then the lorry driver should have not just pulled out either. Should have waited until the speed could be gauged or waited until they had passed by.

It appears from the video that the white Seat takes ~2 seconds to react to the lorry.
Idiots and I agree lock them up.

You have to be aware of other road users and hazards at any speed and clearly these idiots had no idea.

If speed cannot be accurately gauged by the lorry driver due to the prevailing conditions, then the lorry driver should have not just pulled out either. Should have waited until the speed could be gauged or waited until they had passed by.
I would usually agree, but at that closing speed, looking right then left/ahead and right again would take them from lights to LIGHTS! and given the limited damage to the Seat it looks like it was a glancing blow only suggesting that he aborted the manouvere pretty sharpish.

What sort of halfwit commits a series of serious traffic offences in a car equipped with a webcam showing the time, date, and speed? This in itself is sufficient grounds for banning the driver forever :doh:

Last edited:
Yes, of course they should.

Don't you try to do this when you look in the mirrors?
So every single time on a journey you anticipate cars doing 130mph plus? Even on high streets at all times? Wow congratulations.

of course it wasnt the truck drivers fault. if the idiots had of been travelling at the legal limit they would have had adequate time to change lane and go to the left of the truck.
it is not possible to see from the video whether the truck was indicating before the on screen mention

I had a strange one coming out of a T Junction Turning Right (close to a school) 2 days ago while picking one of the kids up.
Looked left and right a couple of times as normal and clear, looked right ok, about to pull out, look left again and a truck has appeared at speed on the left so pull out aborted.

Trundled along behind him and he pulled away, blue lights in my mirror which I let pass, they pull him just up the road.

Before anyone takes-out the 🍿 ....

It is perfectly feasible for the CPS to charge all parties involved in a crash.

Even if it is established that the lorry driver should not have changed lanes, the other drivers have committed a long list of very serious traffic offences worthy of a prosecution even without the subsequent crash.

Luckily no one has lost their lives, but in the event that someone did, then the events leading to the crash would have been subjected to legal scrutiny due to the potential criminal charge of causing death by dangerous driving.

But setting aside the legal perspective... to me it's a clear case where either party could have prevented the accident, had they been better drivers.

A speeding driver should always have a contingency plan in case a slow vehicle changes lane unexpectedly (let a lone a lorry, and let a lone a signalling lorry!). And a lorry driver going into the outer lane on the Motorway while there are headlamps visible in the wing mirror knows that his speed will be slower than the traffic behind him and in reality expect them to eventually slow down and accommodate (even if he didn't think they'll be coming so fast and not paying attention).

No one should have to anticipate other vehicles approaching at 118 mph and drive accordingly but the truck driver would have caused the approaching vehicle to slow even if it was only doing 70mph so he has to take a minor portion of the blame. The truck driver may have had a habit of signal and pull out regardless, but this time his luck ran out. The half wits racing should of course take the major portion of the blame.

The most remarkable aspect was that the mini driver walked away from wreckage.

of course it wasnt the truck drivers fault. if the idiots had of been travelling at the legal limit they would have had adequate time to change lane and go to the left of the truck.
it is not possible to see from the video whether the truck was indicating before the on screen mention
You think? I must be watching a different video... It is quite obvious from the video I watched that the white Fiat was far too close to the lorry for safety when it started to move into the right hand lane. When it started indicating is irrelevant to the lorry-driver's actions; the lorry pulled out when it was unsafe to do so.

Incidentally, it's described as a "Horror Crash", but all the drivers walked away afterwards. If I went to see, say, 'A Nightmare on Elm Street 3', and all Freddy Krueger's victims walked away afterwards, I wouldn't really describe it as a horror film; in fact, I'd want my money back...

You think? I must be watching a different video... It is quite obvious from the video I watched that the white Fiat was far too close to the lorry for safety when it started to move into the right hand lane. When it started indicating is irrelevant to the lorry-driver's actions; the lorry pulled out when it was unsafe to do so.
sorry but i disagree, why was it the truck drivers fault? when he looked in the mirror the closing cars were miles back but closing at fifty mph over the speed limit . the truck driver didnt know that. it could have been another truck already in the outside lane for all he knew. the car drivers deserved all they got and they were incredibly lucky to walk away and not get carried away in a bag

The lorry looks to be showing it’s intention to change lanes in plenty of time yet they keep hurtling towards it regardless.

Darwinism in all its glory. Lorry signals to move over and he drives into the back of it at speed, totally incompetent. If these idiots want speed why don’t they have a day at the tracks?

The bottom line is that armoured truck robbery and driving fast on public roads, have two things in common: they are both illegal, and they both require skill if you want to pull it off:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom