Level Calibration Not Successful

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The arm is a Lemforder arm its aluminium and looks the same as old arm even if its different surely I can take up a mm or two with adjustable links?. As you say it should calibrate as everything is within acceptable values but doesn't. The ramp is a 4 poster and level or as close to as is feasible.

If I knew what the ecu was looking for or how it decides what is acceptable I could sort out the problem I expect but I have no idea what it expects to see aside from the values within acceptable range?

I have no answer then over the www.
I would take a good look at the mounting angle of the left front sensor arm on the ramp, as opposed to the right sensor arm.
I still can't see how the values can all be correct and yet the Ecu does not allow level calibration?
Have you adapted the travel sensor you renewed?
It's such a simple system of hydraulics and electronics.
Sorry but without looking I can't help no further!

Yes I replaced the plunger travel sensor from one strut to another and then performed a plunger travel calibration that worked perfectly then attempted level calibration which is where I failed. Would a suspect poor accumulator affect any of this? i doubt it but like I say I have no idea what the ecu is expecting to see.
Whether the values are correct or not I have no idea but I do believe them to be within acceptable ranges.. I appreciate the help also I am pretty technical but without knowing what is needed by the ecu I am just guessing

Ok no luck yesterday on the ramp with setting the level calibration but I did at least managed to replace both rear inner CV boots so not a complete waste of time.. Am gonna try once more to work out what is wrong with level calibration and then I will have to give up as it is driving me mad! if anyone thinks that they can sort the issue out by having the vehicle I would be happy to drive it somewhere as long as its not a million miles away and you are pretty confident that you can calibrate it?

Ok so for the benefit of anyone else experiencing this problem I took a different approach this morning and got a successful calibration.. Firstly I adjusted the length of the level sensor arms so the the voltages between left and right at the rear were a little closer together although both were in accepted range there was obviously a deviation that the ecu didn't like even if you get it right using the star it won't accept if it isn't right to start, then with out trying to level the car using the actuations I just went for a calibration to see if it made any difference and it had everything went to plan so I then levelled up all sides to 68cm from the floor to the wheel arch using the level calibration actuations and it worked again and all is now good.. Although there was no option for load calibration? perhaps my car has older control unit and there is no option for load calibration.

So to summarise adjust the links first to get the level sensor voltages closer to even then level the car using the F keys in level calibration, enter the inclination angles within accepted range and all should work.

I normally set inclination at the exact mid point of the acceptable range. Thats after getting the car level and acceptable voltages.

Yep I will probably do that at a later date.. I was just pleased to get it to calibrate and I have been using the local garages ramp for the last 3 days and didn`t want to take the mick. Its the only place that I know is level otherwise I would do it at home.

Ok so for the benefit of anyone else experiencing this problem I took a different approach this morning and got a successful calibration.. Firstly I adjusted the length of the level sensor arms so the the voltages between left and right at the rear were a little closer together although both were in accepted range there was obviously a deviation that the ecu didn't like even if you get it right using the star it won't accept if it isn't right to start, then with out trying to level the car using the actuations I just went for a calibration to see if it made any difference and it had everything went to plan so I then levelled up all sides to 68cm from the floor to the wheel arch using the level calibration actuations and it worked again and all is now good.. Although there was no option for load calibration? perhaps my car has older control unit and there is no option for load calibration.

So to summarise adjust the links first to get the level sensor voltages closer to even then level the car using the F keys in level calibration, enter the inclination angles within accepted range and all should work.

I'M REALLY GLAD YOU GOT THAT PROBLEM SOLVED.
Suspected it was something to do with your level sensors at the rear, but honestly I have never tried tricking the ECU the way you did :doh:
We learn every day and thanks for sharing your experience and solution :thumb:

evel sensor arm on the the other side - making sure that they are pointing in the same direction in relation to the tyre (hope you understand what I mean).
Hi having problems trying to get level values within accepted range with manual calibration, renewed bags and sensors, what position should arms on sensors be facing ? have set mine up to face inwards away from tire any help appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom