Lewis Hamilton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A true professional at work - you would think! I think he gives MB a bad name too, not good for the brand IMHO - of course he didn't make any mistakes and all the stewards enquiries had no foundation at all, right! He can be a good driver, but lacks in many areas!

Allegedly he spends much of his time holed up in his pad in Switzerland staying in and playing his Playstation.

He sounds a bit like a child that's suddenly found fame and money and is not sure what to do with it all! Miraculously gets a hot girl too.

He's a bit like the kid in Richie Rich!

(Good driver though I grant you sometimes!)

Hard done by on the Maldonado collision though - it was no more than a 'racing incident'. Still should have reacted slightly calmer

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win" Senna

I'm not comparing Senna to Hamilton but as a viewer I want to see overtaking, even at Monaco. Hamilton was trying just that.

There are two entirely separate issues here.

One is the actual racing. The second is the reaction in the interview.

Racing - yes, in my view you are not a racer if you don't go for these moves once in a while. Senna is my top driver of all time.

But to publicly react in the manner in which Hamilton did on Sunday is entirely petulant. He seems to have settled in nicely to the Grand Prix racing way of life. :rolleyes:

He is an irritating spoilt brat. He is quick but I just don't like his personality.

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win" Senna

+1

I found the interview quite funny to be fair, some people may not agree with it but I saw how he was trying to be funny.

Next time he dinks his nose into a corner with another driver they may back out of it?

A true professional at work - you would think! I think he gives MB a bad name too, not good for the brand IMHO - of course he didn't make any mistakes and all the stewards enquiries had no foundation at all, right!

I actually have some sympathy for him. I'm still raging about Spa 2008 and the stewards' decision there.

He can be a good driver, but lacks in many areas!

The two best drivers on the track at the moment IMO are LH and FA. Both are whingers when things are not quite working out. You don't have to like them to admire what they can do on the track.

I actually have some sympathy for him. I'm still raging about Spa 2008 and the stewards' decision there.

The two best drivers on the track at the moment IMO are LH and FA. Both are whingers when things are not quite working out. You don't have to like them to admire what they can do on the track.

You forget Button. Good qualifying amazing race pace.

'Is it because I am black ?'

'No, it's because you are becoming an irritating **** that won't admit defeat'

I can't fault his driving ability, although I do prefer the style of button.

But as a person, he's a petulant child that needs to grow up

He seems like an okay lad, gets het up, fair enough, 'Is it because I is black?' amused me, it isn't actually playing the race card. It mocks himself.

I like him better for it.

The face hair is ludicrous though.

Last edited:
'Is it because I is black?' amused me, it isn't actually playing the race card. It mocks himself.

That is debatable and for another time/place/thread.

It's that Trans-Atlantic accent of his that gets on my t!ts

my personal opinion is that recently he doesnt seem to have been very fortunate, he tried overtaking last year round the outside and came of worst and got punished by the stewards, overtook on the inside came off worse again and was the one to get punished AGAIN.. i can see what he's getting at and i think he let it get to him and displayed his frustration in the interview...i think any racing driver will moan when it isnt going his way from time to time, and yes LH does try to race and you have to admire his determination
..now shall we watch coverage of the TT :p
alex

Quite like his passion - it generates some interesting moments - sometimes that's a brilliant overtake, other times it means an off or a crunch - it's what F1 needs, thrills and spills.

I do think the celebrity and lifestyle have taken the raw focus away that gave him the ultimate edge. Sure, he's damned fast and in the running for the drivers champ usually, but Vettel has proven to show the right frame of mind.

Vettel has proven to show the right frame of mind.

Vettel stood out at the weekend for his attitude and accessibility. Out in the pitlane Friday with less well known drivers signing autographs and happy to step off the red bull barge and get amongst the crowd in the harbour too.

Of course it's easier when the pressure's off and you're leading the championship by a mile....

I thought 'Is it because I is black?' was quite funny when Ali G said it, although Lewis was obviously quite bitter when he said it, so he just looked childish and spoilt. I dare say he had his ass slapped by McLaren/MB for his attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom