Lexus Driving day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
F25 X3 20d SE
Im just back in the door from a lexus Openroad day in leeds.

Mercedes have soooo much to learn when it comes to customer service and PR.

Arrived. Just in the door , canapes , tea coffee , anything cold apart from alchohol. Registered , they gave us neck cards with barcodes on them. SO , what would you like to drive sir? What do you have ? Everything !

LS430 , RX300 and the SC430 plus 3 hours later we all left happy bunnies. Fed like kings , pampered left feeling good about the brand.

Sc430 really rocks BTW :rock: Might be on the replacement list.:D

THis all goes to show how mercedes suck beyone all beleif and that 311 faults to the lexus 165 odd puts it in place that the cars are starting to suck as well as the dealerships. I hope someone in milton keynes reads this as lexus just need to get the interiors a little better and then you WILL loose a shedload of customers.

Rant over , now back to the Sc430 brochure:D

Yes I agree that they are good cars, unfortunately for them they do not have the Mercedes Kudos.

Somehow a Toyota doesn't quite make it in the Image stakes.

I think some of you suffer with the Dealership problems, but as I have said before my local Dealer couldn't be more helpful and attentive. Coffee as soon as I walk in to see the salesman, and even the Manager who calls me by my first name, offers me a drink if I am standing waiting for someone, or have come to pick up the car.

They are not cheap for service but I would certainly recommend them for customer care.

I am talking about Mertrux in Derby.:bannana: :bannana:

I went to a similar event for Lexus Hatfield a couple of weeks ago, really enjoyed it, drove different cars including the new RX300 and the GS430, LS430 and they even washed my car whilst I was doing it. The queue was too long for the SC430 although the others I took out straight away.

As I've mentioned before, I had a Lexus for three years before changing it for the E270. The dealers really are good although as the brand has grown they do seem to be becoming complacent (they started not to call me back when phoning to book my car in etc) a view shared by others on the on-line forums, although I never had to wait to get it booked in and a brand new courtesy car was always available immediately. I really like the Lexus brand, probably more than Mercedes and certainly more than BMW, I used to like saying I drove a Lexus. I’ll probably get flamed for this but I don't think saying I drive a Mercedes is quite the same - too much of an old man image but I bought it because I liked the car more, Lexus is in need of some new models to replace the IS and GS.

Last edited:
I was speaking to them yesterday about the interior of the IS.

it is due for replacement in 2005.

Im still raving on about the Sc430 :D

Don't watch Terminator 3 then, unless you want to watch an SC430 going up in flames!

I have never been in a Lexus, is the LS really as quite inside as they make out?

It was much quieter than mine with lovely air conditioned arm chair seats, you could hear the engine when reved hard (but it is a big 4.3 V8) but the rest of the time the car was silent.

The same couldn't be said for the IS200, which is pretty noisy inside, partly due to the standard 17" wheels. My E270 is much quieter.

My own experience:

LS430 - nothing like it at all - silence whilst driving, unless you boot it. A great exec saloon, a little soft ride wise perhaps?

IS200 - didn't like this at all - far too cheap looking inside and a gutless engine that picked up at about 6K, only to hit the limiter 500rpm later. The lack of torque of the engine meant stirring the 6 speed a lot.

SC430 - OK, its a pretty shape. Yes it has a clever roof. Yes the interior is nice. But Jason - did you drive round any corners in it? The one I passengered in left me feeling seasick.

The SC430 is improved now, they have revised the suspension and scraped the run flat tyres.

Originally posted by GregE240
SC430 - OK, its a pretty shape. Yes it has a clever roof. Yes the interior is nice. But Jason - did you drive round any corners in it? The one I passengered in left me feeling seasick.

Yeah , seemed ok to me. The ride was a good compromise between comfort and handling. went round the corners well. Engine was great , very responsive.

OK, fairy nuff. Must admit the one i blagged a ride in was one of the first in the country, and I do know that the suspension has been revised somewhat since.

Common as muck in Florida - saw loads of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom