LF: cabriolet for 15k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonsMerc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Merc S212 E350 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport 256bhp, Suzuki GSX-650F, Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Dynamic
Hey folks,

I'm looking for a nice 4-seater cabriolet for an absolute maximum of £15k. Car's I've looked at and the prices I've seen for a given model year that I can get for this price are:

Volvo C70 Cabriolet 2.4T, 2002, 42000 miles
Audi Cabriolet (notA4) 1.8T, 2001, 41000 miles
BMW 323 Cabriolet (old shape), 2001, 47000 miles
Mercedes CLK 230K, 2000, 76000 miles

So what's the story here? Does the CLK just hold its value a lot better than the rest? Couldn't find a decent CLK cabriolet with less than 76k miles on the dial for under 22k!

The specs I was looking at were:

Full Main Dealer Service History (more papers the better)
Electric Roof (yes some of them are still manual!)
Climate Control
Leather Seats
Parking Sensors (I hate aftermarket ones, but I like having them)

All of the above cars had these and more. At the moment I'm leaning very strongly towards the Volvo - I've test-driven one, and it's a very nice car indeed. The 2.4 litre turbocharged engine is easily enough for me, and it handles well (which I never thought I'd say of a volvo!). Never driven a CLK tho, so not comparing it to that (and at these prices probably never will :S).

BTW if anyone is selling a CLK cabriolet with FMDSH and all the bits, lemme know!

-simon

SimonsMerc said:
Hey folks,

I'm looking for a nice 4-seater cabriolet for an absolute maximum of £15k. Car's I've looked at and the prices I've seen for a given model year that I can get for this price are:

Volvo C70 Cabriolet 2.4T, 2002, 42000 miles
Audi Cabriolet (notA4) 1.8T, 2001, 41000 miles
BMW 323 Cabriolet (old shape), 2001, 47000 miles
Mercedes CLK 230K, 2000, 76000 miles

The Volvo is fantastic, also worth looking at the Saab 93 Convertible . Of all of these cars the C70 Cabrio has kept it's looks the best. I'd always wanted the 93 cabrio a few years ago but when I found out they were replacing it (the current one looks great too!) I got into the C70 in a big way. I spent ages looking for a high spec T5 GT a few years back but couldn't find one with the right spec / colour combo.

As for the parking sensors retro-fit ones aren't all that bad, although they're nowhere near as good as MB Parktronic. Even the standard fit systems on Audis & BMW's come close to the MB system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom