LG Soundbar best connection for quality ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SquabzZz

Car
2017 GLC220 4MATIC
Hi people.

I purchased a 4.1 LG Soundbar for my LG 4k Tv .

There are several ways to connect the soundbar up (via Bluetooth, Hdmi , Optical ) I dont really like seeing cables I'm a more of a wireless fan.

But is bluetooth connection good for speakers or is a proper connection with a optical cable or hdmi cable best for sound

Before anyone states the obvious I can't test it out as I'm not home for another couple of days

Thanks in advance

+1 for optical

Depends on the source. HDMI has ARC the others don't

Depends on the source. HDMI has ARC the others don't

If all sources connect to the TV, the optical cable will send the correct input to the soundbar, so AFAIK, ARC is not needed.

At least that's what the guys in Richer Sounds told me - and it certainly holds true for my kit. TV is Panasonic, Soundbar is Yamaha, everything integrates seamlessly. My original plan was for a Panasonic sound bar to match the TV, the guys at RS told me that with optical there was no compatibility issues, and it seems like they were correct. TV speakers are switched off on TV menu, sound bar has "learnt" TV Vol+, Vol- & Mute commands.

I have Sky+ connected via HDMI and a DVD player connected via SCART - I didn't expect everything to be so compatible but it is.

Hi

Thanks for the reply guys seems that optical is the best way to go I'll have to order 1 online actually I'll double check the box but I'm pretty sure they do not supply one

Just to give everyone a rough idea I have a ps4 and sky+ hd box already connected to tv via hdmi ports
. And occasionally I use the usb ports on the tv to load a movie/video clip so everything goes through the tv.

So optical seems the way forward I'll save bluetooth option for when I want to play music threw my phone or galaxy

My TV (although quite recent) doesn't have ARC on the HDMI outputs so I had to use optical to connect to 5:1 surround system.
Sound is great, but I don't have any options either on TV or 5:1 system to adjust the sound. I would like to boost mid range a bit, but the option isnt available:(
Both are Panasonic so I thought they would be compatible:dk:

If your soundbar and tv both have HDMI Arc sockets, connect them through that.
No need for an optical cable, and the tv remote will control it all :thumb:

If your soundbar and tv both have HDMI Arc sockets, connect them through that.
No need for an optical cable, and the tv remote will control it all :thumb:

Im sure the 4.1 sound bar has a ARC HDMI port and the TV has a dedicated ARC HDMI port (which can still be used as a normal Hdmi port)

I'll try that way too I will still order a optical just incase

No need to order an optical cable, just connect the two arc hdmi ports and it will work fine.

This is the set up that I have on my 4k tv and home theatre system

Last edited:
No need to order an optical cable, just connect the two arc hdmi ports and it will work fine.

This is the set up that I have on my 4k tv and home theatre system

Hi BandyAndy connected soundbar up via ARC and everything works spot on SKY and PS4.

I can use 1 controller to control both soundbar and tv and they both turn off and on together , maybe both being LG brand helps ARC work perfectly anyways im happy :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom