LHD 11k Mile 2009 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeInWimbledon

MB Enthusiast
Car
(Ex S211 E500, W212 E500, C216, S212 E500, W211 E500 5.5, W221 S500, S211 E500, SL500, S500, E55)
Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 08.03.02.png

Needs to be imported from the USA, but the import duties can't be too high, surely?

Looks like a good deal: the seller is including a FREE car cover and a free trickle charger.

"This 2009 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series is one of 350 examples produced in total, just 175 of which were designated for the US market. It was purchased new by the current owner’s late husband from Mercedes-Benz of Portland, Oregon and is finished in Iridium Silver over black leather. Power comes from a twin-turbocharged 6.0L V12 paired with a paddle-shifted five-speed automatic transmission and a limited-slip differential, and additional features include widened Black Series carbon-fiber bodywork, a fixed carbon-fiber roof, a COMAND infotainment system, and factory forged alloy wheels.

"This SL65 Black Series has 11k miles and is being offered by the seller on behalf of the current owner with a car cover, a Vehicle Master Inquiry, trickle charger, manufacturer’s literature, a clean Carfax report, and a clean Oregon title."

Here's the link to the auction:

11k-Mile 2009 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series

Last edited:
Nice but I never quite got my head around these having a fixed roof. Wouldn't you just buy a car that was designed from the start as a 2-door coupe? E.g. SLS, AMG GT, or even CL.

Nice but I never quite got my head around these having a fixed roof. Wouldn't you just buy a car that was designed from the start as a 2-door coupe? E.g. SLS, AMG GT, or even CL.
Didn’t the SLS come out in 2010? This car is from 2009.

Makes the SLS at a half or third of the price look like a bit of a bargain.

Especially as the SLS "probably" is the better handling car on real worlds.... surely?

SLS.jpg

Have to say, yet a bloody gain, it's such a shame that people don't drive these wretched things.

Like "proper" Ferraris, why do people buy them and then only average 2,000 miles a year in them? (They can't all be Pro golfers)

For some, I think, for much the same reason as I have the SLK; it's a Sunday and weekend indulgence toy, not my dog van. If I had a lot more money, I might have something like that SL as my toy, and I'd probably have several such toys - more than I had time to drive much.

For others, as an investment, no doubt.

View attachment 119628

Needs to be imported from the USA, but the import duties can't be too high, surely?

Looks like a good deal: the seller is including a FREE car cover and a free trickle charger.

"This 2009 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series is one of 350 examples produced in total, just 175 of which were designated for the US market. It was purchased new by the current owner’s late husband from Mercedes-Benz of Portland, Oregon and is finished in Iridium Silver over black leather. Power comes from a twin-turbocharged 6.0L V12 paired with a paddle-shifted five-speed automatic transmission and a limited-slip differential, and additional features include widened Black Series carbon-fiber bodywork, a fixed carbon-fiber roof, a COMAND infotainment system, and factory forged alloy wheels.

"This SL65 Black Series has 11k miles and is being offered by the seller on behalf of the current owner with a car cover, a Vehicle Master Inquiry, trickle charger, manufacturer’s literature, a clean Carfax report, and a clean Oregon title."

Here's the link to the auction:

11k-Mile 2009 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series

Lovely car.

It makes Toto Wolf’s car look like a bargain, albeit sold a few months ago at less than £300k (or $320k) by Tom Hartley Junior. I know which one I would prefer to buy.

Have to say, yet a bloody gain, it's such a shame that people don't drive these wretched things.

Like "proper" Ferraris, why do people buy them and then only average 2,000 miles a year in them? (They can't all be Pro golfers)
To be invited to buy a Black Series you need to be a very good AMG customer, and if you buy enough AMGs to qualify then you probably also byy enough Ferraris to be invited to buy their special models too. Oh and Porsche too. And that’s before considering hyper cars.

That means they end up being bought typically by collectors, some like to “look” and some like to drive. I wouldn’t be surprised if the average SL 65 Black Series owner has comfortably more than 10 special cars, so even if they all get used, the actual mileage covered won’t be that great.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the average SL 65 Black Series owner has comfortably more than 10 special cars, so even if they all get used, the actual mileage covered won’t be that great.
True, Sir. Reminds me of that Bentley quote that their “average Bentley buyer” owns eight cars.

(Turns to Autotrader)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom