Liber-t toll transponder tag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wonky

Car
W211 E320CDI
I have a 2008 E320 CDI Avantgarde Estate and would like to know if there is a general location on the windscreen for the tag. The instructions show it should be fitted behind the rear-view mirror, in the "mottled" area, but there is no room due to the rain sensor. This location is preferred if the windscreen is metallic/athermic. Will it still work if I mount it anywhere else?

Has anyone any experience with this?

Many thanks in advance.

i dont stick mine up just hold it to the screen when coming up to it ..always works

I never thought of that - I will give it a go.

I just stuck the hangers behind the RVM, seems to work on both cars.

A little annoyed that they charge £7 for extra hangers, I'm hoping to find them cheaper in france....

M.

Thanks for that - 7 quid is a lot for a bit of plastic.

I suppose it will be a case of trial and error. I could always get the missus to hang out the passenger window holding the tag as I drive through!

"Drive through" is a bit of a misnomer. Some will let you go through at 30km/hr or less but most gates are still the old type and you pretty much have to stop. It does not activate until you are pretty close to the barrier. Bit disconcerting until you get used to it.

It doesn't have to go directly behind the centre of the mirror, mine to the left of the rain sensor and works every time.

Russ

Russ,

We've got a 2014 SLK 250 CDI and have just bought a Liber-t tag from the UK website. Mercedes were very unhelpful in where the tag should be positioned so if you could tell me EXACTLY where you position your tag that would really be helpful. I guess it all depends on whether the windscreen is coated with some stuff which stops radio signals, which is why Liber-t says put it in the shaded area (because that doesn't have the coating).
Allan

It sits behind the rear view mirror. There is the black plastic rain sensor unit behind the mirror, it sits to the left of that on the black dotted area of the windscreen. It works every time.

Russ

I just stuck the hangers behind the RVM, seems to work on both cars.

A little annoyed that they charge £7 for extra hangers, I'm hoping to find them cheaper in france....

M.

adhesive backed velcro is your friend. I mount the 'hanger' on velcro and leave a strip in each car. Cost; almost zilch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom