Liberty Media buys Formula 1 in £6bn deal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking forward to possible changes in the running of F1.

Not totally sure Bernie will want to stick around to see it though.

Ant.

Looking forward to possible changes in the running of F1.

Not totally sure Bernie will want to stick around to see it though.

Ant.

If he can continue to line his pockets for the next 3 yrs, he'll carry on.
It's all about the money with Bernie.

If he can continue to line his pockets for the next 3 yrs, he'll carry on.
It's all about the money with Bernie.

I agree Rodger, I was making more of a reference to his advancing years. :D

I should have just said what I meant. :doh:

If it signals a move to exclusively pay per view that would be a bad thing IMHO. :( While it might increase revenue stream not sure how it would play with team sponsors if audience viewing figures were to reduce. Evidently there has been a drop in the global TV audience from 600 million to 400 million since 2008. [ that's a not inconsequential 33 % drop!] :dk:

I saw F1 as historically having a European vibe. Most of teams are European and mainly UK based. I suspect that if Liberty wants to increase market share to the New World that might change. Nothing wrong with that just a different mind set. Think American v Association Football. Both hugely popular but a completely different experience.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if people will look back on the Bernie years and think they were the good old days....

Makes me wonder if people will look back on the Bernie years and think they were the good old days....

Wow, never thought of that. :eek:

Many people happy to see the back of him but maybe better the devil you know. :doh:

You just wait till people start messing with it, it's the biggest thing not to be ,,,,well, use your owns word/s. :):)

Well if it goes to pay per view that will be another one they lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom