LibreOffice CALC help needed please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
Mrs. Stratman gets her work rota as an Excel spreadsheet, withh lots of coloured cells and so on. Our printer is monochrome, so when it's printed the output can be black text on a dark grey background. Not very readable.

I've tried and failed to find a way to print just the data without the colours, just black on white. The printer driver (Samsung ML-2525W) doesn't have the option, neither does LibreOffice have the equivalent of Excel's Page Setup, which offers a Black and White option, or if it does I can't find it.

Is there a way to print a colourful Excel spreadsheet from LibreOffice in just black and white?

Thanks, I suspect you're right. It 's a feature. The printer driver surprisingly doesn't offer the option either. Even the 'save toner' mode shades the cells.

I'll try to write a macro that removes cell backgrounds. Then comes the hard bit, Mrs. Stratman and computers.

Edit:- The online help states I should select printer properties and choose black and white from there. It looks like LibreOffice has passed the buck.

Last edited:
Not ideal, but could you just select all the cells, and change the background colour to white before you print?

That's indeed what I would do, but Mrs. Stratman has rather limited IT skills ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom