Lidl - Altimeter watch £20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
My wife has just bought me this :)

LIDL

It's not high-street cool, but serves a useful purpose when out walking in the hills.

A similar premium brand watch would be £80+

Last edited:
My wife has just bought me this :)

LIDL

It's not high-street cool, but serves a useful purpose when out walking in the hills.

A similar premium brand watch would be £80+

I didn't think there were any hills in Norfolk? :confused:

Have you (or the model) got very thin wrists, or is that watch *massive*? :D

does it do temperature

From the link the options are:

Made from stainless steel and ABS plastic
Features include 12/24hr clock, date display, alarm & snooze functions, thermometer (°C/°F) and much more
With altimeter and compass

I've not however seen it yet with my own eye

does it have a barometer for the snow?

does it have a barometer for the snow?

I suspect that the altimeter is a barometer that you calibrate at the beginning of each walk.

So if I've got this correct, if the recorded height rises faster than you believe you are gaining height, then that indicats falling air pressure and impending bad weather.

Last edited:
the irn-bru already does that for me ;)

they were selling these about 2-3 years ago, the thermometer is on the underside of the watch so it reads your temp and not the air temp. i took mine back for that reason.

my mother bought my father one of thses watches (as a joke) and i have to say the AMG 18in wheels on my w203 look small in comparison to the watch !! also the altimeter is so far out it's a joke they live at sea level the the altimeter varies betwen -15ft and +50ft above sea level in their house, the actual height above sea level is around 25 ft so i wouldnt waste your money on one of these, also the compass is about 15 degrees out so you'd have a job to navigate your way to the end of the street using it !!!

Any GPS enabled phone can provide detailed altimeter readings...

Well I've had a play with the watch now and it seems OK for the money.

It is on the large side (thickness), but not ridiculous and not much larger than other altimeter watches that friends have.

The altimeter and compass can be easily recalibrated. After which the compass was accurate to ~5 degrees and the altimeter fluctuated by 2m. Neither of those tools will be safety critical, so it's just a bit of fun. The real test however will be out in the field, but for the moment I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom