Lidl generator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GordonTarling

MB Enthusiast
Car
2007 E63 AMG V8 Estate
Need a generator for a while and was thinking about buying this one that's on offer from Lidl this week. Looks OK to me, but I'm not sure about those red sockets for the output - does anyone know what plug will fit?

They look like commando sockets,( In Uk usually yellow or Blue) which mean that you will have to make up leads and adapt to UK plugs/sockets, but its hard to tell without seeing one. Knowing Lidl they might even come with them.

Pretty sure that they'll have standard 3 pin sockets under those red covers?

I read somewhere that they must have to sell in the UK market, though can't remember where or if it was just a dream...

My genny has similar sockets, and they are normal uk spec 3 pin under covers.

Just go to lidl and open up a box and double check.

Ah, OK, thanks chaps. Visiting Lidl later today, so will check and advise.

The link was working yesterday evening as I looked at it myself. Lidl usually start their new offers on a Thursday so maybe it's 'old news' now.

Sorry, it does seem to have vanished from their website!
I did buy one yesterday and they had three or four left at the time, so if you want one, take a trip to your local Lidl ASAP.
As for those sockets - I still don't know, as they are on the side of the generator and impossible to see until it's out of the box. Planning to unbox it later today.

Good deals at Lidl are good deals.

So much so that they tend to fly out the door as they come in. They were doing duck breasts yesterday at a knock down price.

I got there around 2.00pm. All gone...:mad:

Similar generators can be found on Ebay for similar money, but I bought the Lidl one because of the 3 year guarantee, which none of the others seem to offer.

For those still interested, you were right about the sockets, normal UK 13 Amp type under the red covers.

Missed the duck breasts, too. Just as well that I don't eat duck. :)

Red sockets similar in appearance to the common blue and yellow industrials sockets are normally 440V 3ph&E (4pin) or 3ph+N&E (5pin), though I can't imagine it having 440V sockets though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom