Lidl Maintenance charger on todays special

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Well I popped out at lunch and picked this maintenance charger up at my local Lidl for £12.99.

So a quick review in case others think it worthy of purchase.

First off, It doesnt come with fly leads for more permanent connections like the more expensive maintenance chargers do but I'm sure I can make these up myself for next to nothing. The unit seems well built and despite its awful sounding brand name is manufactured in Germany by http://www.kompernass.com/pages/index.php?lang=en and has full TUV accreditations which is reassuring.

The manual is written in perfect English and the device seems to be fully automatic other than having to select 12v or 6V, car or motorcycle. Charging/recovery and maintenance modes get selected automatically according to the state of the battery.

All in all, it would appear to be a bit of a bargain but I suspect I'll only know this for sure after its been used for a few months.

Attachments

• IMAG0107.jpg
    IMAG0107.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 386
Looks good, what's the maximum charge current?

I've had one for a year or so now, seems OK for the limited use I've given it.

I think the max. current is 6amps, from memory.

Thanks for the link Spike

I also see they have back in stock 5L of screen wash for £5. Quite good considering it's rated down to -60C
LIDL

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Spike

I also see they have back in stock 5L of screen wash for £5. Quite good considering it's rated down to -60C
LIDL

I laughed at this... "Contains Bitrex® with extremely bitter taste substances, for increased protection against confusion with edible goods and accidental swallowing"

This can only be to try to prevent certain markets buying up the antifreeze to use as cheap plonk. :D

(or maybe add to their wine) [eek]

I have had two of these for a while now - I bought mine from Aldi who also sell them - and have used them on the Ponton and 280SE .

They do exactly what they claim to do

Just bought one , going to put the SL on charge overnight. Looks to be good value.:thumb:

Lidl doing cheap torque wrenches as well in some branches...
..but beware, they can drift with use

got one as well - great price

Last one in the shop

Anyone purchased one ?

I got one charging on weekend AMG car and is seams to work well -

Keeps the battery at max level and charges it only when it needs it

Anyone using one ?

me.

Works well.

Bought one from Aldi a few months ago. Does the job well enough.

Got one too, well pleased with it:thumb::thumb:

Without wanting to sound like a dimwit....

Whats wrong with simply disconnecting the battery if one is not driving a car on a regular basis?

Is disconnecting bad for a battery?...Even though I have one of those maintenance free ones...

Dee

A disconnected batter will still discharge.

On a modern car disconnecting the battery for extended periods will likely also do interesting things to everything electrical that will need reprogramming/learning. From the radio right up to the brakes.

How do people connect these things? Is there an easy way to quickly plug/unplug the unit, without lifting the bonnet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom