Lidl stuff (again)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
I'm sure daveenty posted this but could not find it

The 12v oil sucker is now live, £12.99 so I had to pick one up because erm I saw it lol. I also saw a 1000kg chain lift for £29.99 but could not justify buying it although that may change! Can't see it online though. Again comes with 3 year guarantee.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offers.htm?articleId=1723
279419_01.jpg

Hi
I bought one of these last time around, not used it yet because the flow rate is somewhat slow, and at the time my battery was on its last legs.
Not that I need one but the Trolley Jacks look O.K. for £20-00.for occasional use.

Steve

I'm sure daveenty posted this but could not find it

The 12v oil sucker is now live, £12.99 so I had to pick one up because erm I saw it lol. I also saw a 1000kg chain lift for £29.99 but could not justify buying it although that may change! Can't see it online though. Again comes with 3 year guarantee.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offers.htm?articleId=1723
279419_01.jpg

Will this drain as much oil out as undoing the sump plug? This would allow me to change the oil more often as wouldn't need to jack car up etc. Although with modern synthetics I've been told oil doesn't need to be changed as often

Will this drain as much oil out as undoing the sump plug? This would allow me to change the oil more often as wouldn't need to jack car up etc. Although with modern synthetics I've been told oil doesn't need to be changed as often

Been debated many times as to whether it will remove as much as the conventional way. Most say it will and a fair amount of garages/professionals seem to use this method, from what I remember anyway.

Test would be to do one each way and see if it suits you. For £13 it's worth a punt imo

I use a similar one to this from ebay. I have four cars and it does them all with no issues and has probably done around 20 oil changes without any issues at all. More to the point I remain clean with no oily hands all over the car and my clothes.

Get the oil nice and hot before you start and the flow rate is just fine.

I have also used it to suck out hydraulic fluid and coolant again with no issues. They pay for themselves within a couple of changes.

Hi, most of lidl's tools are excellent value, last year I bought a 1ton chain block, think I paid £26:99 then, also an extending pair of tree branch croppers then about £7. Saw some similar this week £7:99 all with 2or 3 year guarantee. Brilliant!

Hi, most of lidl's tools are excellent value, last year I bought a 1ton chain block, think I paid £26:99 then, also an extending pair of tree branch croppers then about £7. Saw some similar this week £7:99 all with 2or 3 year guarantee. Brilliant!

The extending loppers are brilliant - I've tried my best to bust them when chopping wood but they keep going, unlike all previous loppers.

Bought a pair of the loppers last week , worked really well on our apple tree. Also bought an electric planer and a neat little battery screwdriver with several attachments , including a right angled one . Not used those yet , but for the price, together with 3 year warranty I thought they would be idea for our forthcoming kitchen refit.

Bought 2 pairs of loppers last year , one for house abroad, took them out in a suitcase , got a few comments from the customs in Tunis! Have cut some really big tough shrubs down with them and they are still going strong

Got this yesterday brushed stainless steel thermal flask 1ltr. £7:99, Excellent. was going to get a 20w. Electric knife and scissor sharpener £5.99 , cos it looked really good, but was overruled by SWMBO. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lidl stuff

Hello bob6600,i am a fan of the lidle stuff also aldi do some,have you used the pump yet i was going to buy one but i have to much things in boxes that i dont use,on another note dont know if you know anything about vitos/vianos?i have both and currently swaping everything out of viano into vito,both vans are striped down dashes are out airbags seats etc,i am currently on the full wiring harness to swap over plus fausebox/sam,just wondered if the harness would work in the vito?and would i need to swap both ecus thanks for your time bo 6600

Nope not yet. As with most man things, it is bought and then left in it's box in the garage.

Off of the back of this thread revival by Gary68, I went looking for said oil sucker, but couldn't find it at lidl. There are what's probably the same unit available on amazon and ebay for between 15 and 25 quid.

I bought one just now, for delivery tonight. It'll be used either tonight or tomorrow, so will post my findings, but it's very highly rated.

What about the crap/sludge in the sump? Surely it`s more effective "draining" from the bottom using gravity?

What sludge? The oil is circulated and there's an oil filter. Driving, cornering and braking will keep any sludge in circulation.

If it's that stuck to the bottom that all of the above isn't shifting it, then oil coming out via gravity isn't going to help.

It beats jacking the car up, getting axel stands securely in place, crawling under, removing under trays, trying to get the sump plug undone, needing a new copper washer for the refit, needing a big oil pan to catch it, especially if the sump plug is horizontal, and inevitably getting some oil on the drive.

Stick the tube down the dip stick pipe, put other end in a container and connect to the battery terminals. Five or ten minutes later you're pouring fresh oil in.

I always like to change the oil between service schedule, too, and this will make that much less of a chore for our two cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom