Life Hammer group buy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello all

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/driving-incidents-roadrage/86098-read-may-save-your-life-did-swmbos.html

Following the above post, this seems a very handy gadget to keep in the car(s). Its hopefully one of those things you never need....but if you do it’s there.

Quick search on our favourite auction site and there looks to be copies around £5. Now I don't know about you but being trapped in my car and finding the 'cheap' version doesn't work isn't a good idea in my book.

So, a genuine TUV approved one for a little bit more seems a good idea?

Quick look and I've found this.

http://cpc.farnell.com/_/lh10en0012/life-hammer/dp/CP02952?Ntt=lifehammer

£7.67 each or £7.18 Inc vat if we buy 5+

Not sure yet how to organise this, but for now if you’re interested please place your user name and how many you require next to it in your post.

If you can find a better deal or can advise on a plan, or indeed don't think this is a good idea let me know.

Thanks

Possible suggestion: Buy 10 then sell them at a GTG for £10 each. Profits going towards charity of choice?

Hello all

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/driving-incidents-roadrage/86098-read-may-save-your-life-did-swmbos.html

Following the above post, this seems a very handy gadget to keep in the car(s). Its hopefully one of those things you never need....but if you do it’s there.

Quick search on our favourite auction site and there looks to be copies around £5. Now I don't know about you but being trapped in my car and finding the 'cheap' version doesn't work isn't a good idea in my book.

So, a genuine TUV approved one for a little bit more seems a good idea?

Quick look and I've found this.

http://cpc.farnell.com/_/lh10en0012/life-hammer/dp/CP02952?Ntt=lifehammer

£7.67 each or £7.18 Inc vat if we buy 5+

Not sure yet how to organise this, but for now if you’re interested please place your user name and how many you require next to it in your post.

If you can find a better deal or can advise on a plan, or indeed don't think this is a good idea let me know.

Thanks

Great Idea, I also share your sentiments about copies. When you find out they dont work its probably too ate and if you follow my original thread Trapper John also says he has them in the house to break double glazing in case of fire, something I had never thought of but is a cracking idea so based on that alone I need another 2.

Flanaia1 X 2

Possible suggestion: Buy 10 then sell them at a GTG for £10 each. Profits going towards charity of choice?

Noble idea but this matter needs the attentions of the entire forum - life is too precious as Ian's recent experience shows and also the massive support for Mark at the May meeting.

I would suggest that somebody from the Mod/Admin team contacts Farnell and explains the situation and see it they would be willing to support a significant group buy. Maybe even look at some form of Press Release by the Forum Admin if it bodes well ?

I'm in for 3 in any case ........

Having seen Traffic Wars on sky and how the police can be funny - is there any chance they would see this as an offensive weapon if stopped and found in the car? I can't see it myself but would appreciate any views from any serving police who read this..

I would like 2 too

Having seen Traffic Wars on sky and how the police can be funny - is there any chance they would see this as an offensive weapon if stopped and found in the car? I can't see it myself but would appreciate any views from any serving police who read this..

I would like 2 too

No its not a problem all traffic cars are equipped with Lifehammers, thats where I found out about them. When the cops arrived at SWMBO accident they could not believe she had one let alone knew how to use it.

I was going to suggest a bulk buy too. I already started wording an email in my head - then I though I should check here first to see if this is allowed.

Good to see someone beat me to it. We can't take too long with things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noble idea but this matter needs the attentions of the entire forum - life is too precious as Ian's recent experience shows and also the massive support for Mark at the May meeting.

I would suggest that somebody from the Mod/Admin team contacts Farnell and explains the situation and see it they would be willing to support a significant group buy. Maybe even look at some form of Press Release by the Forum Admin if it bodes well ?

I'm in for 3 in any case ........

Having thought about this, maybe they could be sold at the GTG's this year and a decided profit given to charity. I would be happy to provide them at our GTG (date to be fixed) based on indicated demand, just a thought and not really sure how we could work it. Just a thought

A210 AMG X 2
Flanaia1 X 2
LTD X 3
Crockers X 2
trapperjohn x 3

Please keep adding to list I will ring CPC Tueday and add for any specific discount or anything extra they can do. The Draper ones from LTD link are £9.95 each with £2.39 postage making £12.34.

I would think I can get free delivery from CPC if nothing else...but then I need to post them out...

Will come up with a plan but keep adding to list, thanks

The Draper ones from LTD link are £9.95 each with £2.39 postage making £12.34.

Let's focus on the tried and tested ones that the Forces use and saved Ian's wife. :thumb:

Can we get the Importer's details and see if they can get onside with us ?

We want the minimum price and maximum exposure for their product. I am sure none of us will be unwilling to support it if necessary for promotional purposes to help advertise the product.

It's a Quid Pro Quo world we live in - let's take advantage if we can

A210 AMG X 2
Flanaia1 X 2
LTD X 3
Crockers X 2
trapperjohn x 3
desilva x 2

A210 AMG X 2
Flanaia1 X 2
LTD X 3
Crockers X 2
trapperjohn x 3
desilva x 2
Seamster15 x 2

I would like 2 too

No problem with fitting these safety hammers as all public service vehicles have them fitted.

Jumbobeef,

Its already looking like I can get them from CPC for £7.18 (first post) for the quantity we will be buying. I will look at free postage, but will have to work out postage to individuals. Doubt if halfords will come down this low.

Try contacting the manufacturer and finding out who the UK distributor is. Life Safety Products B.V.

Cheaper from CPC using this link: http://onecall.farnell.com/_/lh10en0012/life-hammer/dp/CP02952 but it states:

Prices shown are EXCLUSIVE to UK UNIVERSITIES & RESEARCH COUNCILS. Orders will only be accepted if you have a valid account set up with an institute or body affiliated to the National Universities Working Party on Electronic Components (NUWPEC). If not, your order will be refused.

Last edited:
A210 AMG X 2
Flanaia1 X 2
LTD X 3
Crockers X 2
trapperjohn x 3
desilva x 2
Seamster15 x 2
BTB 500 x 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom