Life!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricky s

MB Enthusiast
Car
cars
As you get older, those hits just keep on coming!
Week before Christmas, one of my main clients tells me that their maintenance budget has been cut, and will not be refreshed untill at least August 2013, great! but Christmas is coming, don't worry about it I thought.
Saturday before Christmas, I get the Flu, Christmas is trashed, moreso for poor ole wifey.
The first time out last Sunday for a very pleasent midday meal, with Rashman, The Don, Lee and and his girl friend Sara, and great to meet up again, but ended up with a cracked screen on route up there.l so await Auto glass's attention on Thursday, can't wait!
Then today, given one of my vans went straight through its MOT last Saturday, thinking thats good, this morning, the steering rack fails on same van, causing chaos to todays works, plus being told its a £700 job to repair/replace, oh well!.
Now as I write, I totally appreciate that in life there will be a few people here that have prehaps had much more suffering on a more personal nature in the last few weeks, so feel I should not be wining really, its nothing to what life can throw at you, and I am just letting off steam here, no offence intended, but I must say, I have a bottle of wine open at the moment, that prehaps even Charles (Morgan) would enjoy. in which I am consuling myself.
have a nice evening all.

at least it's not snowing and not too cold :)

happy 13!

and hope to see you soon

hang in there

Whatever the wine is Ricky, I hope it gives you great pleasure.

I had flu too. Ruined Christmas Day (the first time I have hosted it for most of my close family). I didn't touch a drop for 10 days afterwards, until I cooked fishcakes and there was a Torres Vina Sol in the fridge - just a mass market wine glugged in thousands of bars and restaurants all over Spain. I had just one glass, and grief it tasted sooo good!

The thing about emptying a glass of wine is it keeps your chin up.!!!

I've only just thought of that but there you go ample reason to empty another glass.

What does your company do Ricky (If ya don't mind me asking?) ?

Chin up pal, I often get the feeling that nothing goes right in life, what with my partner moaning, kids driving me mad, bills for the car, bills in general and so on so forth.

I then have to give myself a reality check which usually ends up in me realising its not all that bad it just some times feels like it.

Pop open another bottle after the you have finished of the first, and I'm sure you will feel better.... Until the morning that is lol.:D

And on top of all that your going to get moaned at for putting this in the wrong section :D

Hang on in there Ricky im sure it will be fine.....i've got some more work abroad soon if you fancy getting away for a bit :thumb:

Smooth seas never made a good Mariner.....

Last edited:
Hi ricky was a pleasure to meet you again,keep your chin up pal these things always crop up.

One of my residential rental properties is requiring constant spending new boiler,gutters,windows,carpets,lead on roof,painting etc its seems never ending.

Enjoy the vino.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

We had a fine time of it as well :-

Went to Aberdeen for Xmas as Jan's dad was due to go in for a minor op. While in for assessment , he caught an infection in the hospital and ended up in intensive care !!! Now back out and op. rescheduled .

Then I had the problem with the injectors in my new car and had to drive home with the windows open ; heater on recirculation to avoid the fumes , leaving the others to get the train .

Came home to find power off and freezer contents ruined .

Then the central heating broke down due to water in the oil tank ( had to get it drained , filters and burners changed ) .

Then water started coming through the ceiling in the living room - up onto the roof and found a crack in a lead 'V' channel ; tried running plumbing solder in with a blowtorch , thought at first it had worked until leak reappeared next heavy rain . Went back up onto roof and spliced in new piece of lead - fingers crossed !

While car was in at Merparts , Paul pointed out illegal rear tyres ( I knew they were low but did not imagine garage would sell me car with illegal tyres ; more on that to follow ) ; went to tyre place two days later after shopping around ( now have new set of Bridgestones ) to be informed by tyre fitter that one alloy has hairline crack on inner edge .

Back to garage as that was final straw , only to be fobbed off . No point in face to face argument , so now putting a small claims case together ( MOT shows mileage only 150 less than sales invoice , yet one tyre had exposed cords at inside edge ! ) .

Into MB Glasgow to enquire cost of new alloy , to discover ones on car are from a W210 e class - looks like wheels were swapped after MOT - but got a full size steel spare wheel for only £51 , then went and got another new Bridgestone put on that as well .

Will now find someone to weld alloy wheel and can use full size spare until I get it back ( space saver wheel has now joined collection in my garden ) .

So - Jan's dad now recovering , freezer now restocked , heating fixed , roof fixed , car just about sorted out ( £1300 spent on it so far , still needs bouncing lock module replaced and possibly thermostat since running cool , but now happy with it - oh , and it is asking for a B service , but I will do that myself ) .

Now back at work to recover from my 'holiday' .

Good job, you don't live nearby Derek, your story there, would have resulted in a second bottle being opened!

Thanks for all the replies guys, has cheered me up, albeit the wine helped as well, unfortunatly the evening did not end as well as one would hope, as the wife on returning home, tells me she had lost the main stone from one of her favorite rings, ugh!, fortunatly there was a bit more wine left to mellow out the remainder of the evening.

I've managed to demolish a bottle of Aberlour , a Bruaichladdich and a 1L Glenmorangie almost gone since Christmas thanks to that little lot !

A bottle normally lasts me about a month .

Don't worry Ricky - it's almost time to book up this years Goodwood Day and pay for the Eve day again.

That'll bring a smile to your face......

Chin up, expensive wine makes you appreciate the hangover more!

S

Sounds like a real run of bad luck, sorry to hear it. But sometimes good luck follows on. Years ago my wife lost the sapphire out of her engagement ring at work. Big place, three floors, lots of areas that she could have lost it. Towards the end of the day one of her colleagues says to her 'guess what I've found...'. It had come to rest next to a door jamb, just under the hinge. Blended into the background, hardly visible. Would probably have been vacuumed up by the cleaning team if it hadn't been found the same day.

So maybe you'll have some good luck coming your way!

Orwic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom