Life.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
I was in two minds whether to post this up or not as I don't want to depress people but I just can't believe how life goes sometimes.

So I lost my mum (65) to the big C on 15/01. We were there for the last week or so right up until literally the end. Not nice seeing someone you love die, so utterly sad, but peaceful nonetheless - especially after 6 years of fighting C in its various forms. We had the funeral exactly two weeks ago today. That whole period of time was just a relentless routine of being kicked where it hurts time and time again.

As Tony from WIM said to me on here - http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/1821608-post4.html

Even though the time was ultimately taken away, we had what little time was left to say all the things we wanted to say...

I was chatting away to many of the family who had turned up.

As I made myself a cup of tea, I spoke to my younger cousin (35) about bits and pieces. Here we are today and was today found dead in his hotel room. He'd been to A+E twice recently with lung complaints I understand. No actual COD yet.

I feel grateful for the 40 years I've had come November and I know when time is up, it is up.

So if nothing else, I am learning to take life a lot less seriously...

As Leonard would 'say', LLAP!

My condolences, Mums are special.

I recall a visit to the National Neurological hospital attached to GOSH - it was very humbling seeing all the little nippers in various states going in and out.

If only all the negative energy in the world was put to good use...

Sorry bud for your loss, My mum 65 is recovering from lymphoma, but recently had 2 lumps come up around her neck, the 1st one was told its arthritis and the 2nd one hasnt been looked at yet 2 wks on ..... Doc's seem to palm her off :(

35 years old is certainly no age at all not that age has anything to do with horrible stuff like these things

Sorry to read of your loss, it's a hard time. Time does heal but memories remain forever.... I likened my wife's death to a big rock being thrown in a calm pond and initially there was a massive splash with huge ripples but over time the ripples got smaller and wider apart until eventually there was no ripples but then remember that huge rock is still in the pond!

Sorry to hear of your recent loss.

Condolences for the loss of your Mum and now your cousin.

All of us feel immortal and/or indestructible when we're younger - that's the human condition - but as life progresses we learn that every day is precious.

Take care of yourself and those close to you and rejoice in their company and the times you have together.

Condolences on your losses, John. Very sorry to read it. Best wishes to you and yours.
Tim

Along with the others who have posted, my condolences as well John.
I have been in the same situation with my mother so I know how you feel.

Sorry to hear that John....take care

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom