Light range adjuster switch, two different styles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2phast

Car
500e
I have a light range adjuster switch part a1248000173 and just noticed that this switch does not fit my new Brabus headlight trim panel.

Looks like I need a light range adjuster that is smaller than my current one. So, the big question, anyone know which one of these is the small one? According to the EPC, the part I have is valid up to model year 89 and the EPC lists an alternate one a1248000073 for this year range also. For post 89 models, the EPC lists three, a1248000473, a1248000573 and a1248000673.

The small one is obivously one of the four part numbers I listed but it would be nice to narrow it down, I would hate to randomly start purchasing these, as the dealer normally does not allow returns on euro parts.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Take a look at the pictures, the one I have seems to be tall and skinny and the one needed for the new Brabus trim panel is short and fat

Attachments

• lra-old.jpg
    lra-old.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 8
  • lra-new.jpg
    lra-new.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 8
Small correction. The part a1248000173 is made by Hella and the part a1248000073 is made by Bosch, but both are the same size, I forgot that I have several of these adjusters (but no short fat ones :wallbash:)

Found one of Germany Ebay, a1248000673, so that confirms I need a later style headlight level adjuster.

BTW, are we not allowed to edit or delete our own posts????? Can't seem to find that option for some reason :dk:

Hmm that looks smaller than the hole on my brabus tempamatic.

Well my W124 adjuster didnt fit either but a W126 one went straight in.

Cheers

Found one of Germany Ebay, a1248000673, so that confirms I need a later style headlight level adjuster.

BTW, are we not allowed to edit or delete our own posts????? Can't seem to find that option for some reason :dk:

Not after 30 minutes.

Lynall

Hmm that looks smaller than the hole on my brabus tempamatic.

Well my W124 adjuster didnt fit either but a W126 one went straight in.

Cheers

That would tell me your headlight trim panel is constructed from a 89 or older part. Probably also explains why your kit is different than mine as well.

You have Talbirs 500e, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom