Light relief

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
I have moaned several times about the blooming magpies that have invaded my garden, but at long last an ally has come to my aid. Meet 'Donald the Dove'

This dove actually attacks the magpie, but as yet I haven't got a picture. This shows Mad Max the Magpie doing an impression of 'Road Runner' in a bid to escape 'The beak' ;)

nice one :rock: :D

wanna borrow my air rifle ??

andy_cyp said:
wanna borrow my air rifle ??

:D :D I wish I could!! I hate that magpie with a vengeance, but I have my new deputy out there.

Take care,
John

More Light Relief

We often hear about 'Squirrel proof' feeders, but here is one that we have had for a couple of years and the jolly old squirrels can huff and puff as much as they want, but no way can they get at the seed. ;)

I hope I am not over doing the picture bit. Again all these pictures are taken through the glass of my patio door so the quality is not as good as it could be, but I enjoy sharing my views of the wildlife.

Sadly yesterday a blooming falcon came down and took a green finch. There is no way I could take a picture as I was to busy throwing a magazine at the window in an effort to frighten the bird away :mad: but I failed miserably.

Take care,
John

maggys

we have the same problem with magpies and doves, the doves have a nest ,the doves actually fight back and win the only down side is the horrible cattle the maggys make in the morning,a friend of mine suggested a catapult and rice or frozen peas and a good aimed shot at the maggys,he says they get the message soon enough and bugger off .

mark.t said:
we have the same problem with magpies and doves, the doves have a nest ,the doves actually fight back and win the only down side is the horrible cattle the maggys make in the morning,a friend of mine suggested a catapult and rice or frozen peas and a good aimed shot at the maggys,he says they get the message soon enough and bugger off .

Well the squirrels are now pushing their luck. We have some nice sun flowers in the corner olf our rear garden and she that must be obeyed has been moaning about the heads of these flowers being removed.

I wonder who is the guilty party??? ;)

Regards
John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom