Lighting the Olympic flame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Apologies for raising an Olympic thread, but who do we think will be lighting the flame at the opening ceremony?

My own personal choice would be Her Majesty given that it's Jubilee year and all that.

Over to you folks......

Thompson and Redgrave to jointly carry the flame up the steps to the cauldron. HMQ to light the flame itself.

Lets have a hearty debate on this. Republicans welcome.

Don't know but i've got a fleet of 45 boats coming through the lock led by Gloriana at 0830 on friday , bringing the flame from Hampton Court to the Olympic Stadium ;)

Bradley Wiggins to cycle the flame into the Stadium and Redgrave or the Queen to light it if Mocas is unavailable

+1 for Thompson

And It would be fantastic to see Ali there - one of my all time heroes who walks taller every day.

John Lydon.

I may have agreed with you a few weeks ago, until I saw his pathetic performance on Question Time.

What a tit.

As one who's already fed up with being constantly pounded by "How to watch the olympics" on every media outlet to the exclusion of almost everything else, I'm not really bothered who gets to light the flame on Ronald McDonald's celebration of corporate greed and excess.

Perhaps Andy Murray's mum would be a good choice, who when she heard that Pimms would not be allowed at Wimbledon (wrong holding company apparently) said "No Pimms? Not worth going then." :thumb:

^ I could do it... :D

I may have agreed with you a few weeks ago, until I saw his pathetic performance on Question Time.

What a tit.

As one who's already fed up with being constantly pounded by "How to watch the olympics" on every media outlet to the exclusion of almost everything else, I'm not really bothered who gets to light the flame on Ronald McDonald's celebration of corporate greed and excess.

Perhaps Andy Murray's mum would be a good choice, who when she heard that Pimms would not be allowed at Wimbledon (wrong holding company apparently) said "No Pimms? Not worth going then." :thumb:

OK - after a re-think I'll go for either Pat Butcher or Joey Essex.

Has to be these guys

79566.jpg

Am I the only one who couldn't care one jot ? ? ?

Brucie, good game good game :D

Bradley Wiggins to cycle the flame into the Stadium and Redgrave or the Queen to light it if Mocas is unavailable

:)

Agree it ought to be Bradley Wiggins. Daley Thompson blew his chances with his so-called racist slip last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom