Lights have gone crazy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoeyM88

Car
Mercedes C350 Sport
Got in the car today to go to work and it came
Up saying "auto lights inoperable" which I thought I can live without for now but when i was behind a car I checked them. My headlighs came on as well as my left full beam and right fog light. Help!?!? What could it be. Im running hids but these have been in for 18months without fault and I have used these before in 4or 5 other cars ive had so I know they should be ok

What could it be

2010 c class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car will use other lights in place of failed lamps. For instance, if your OSF indicator bulb fails, it'll blink the OSF fog lamp gently to act as a substitute indicator.

Yours must be using the high beam on that side to make up for a failed dipped beam.

If you've several things like that happening, then it's probably electrical issues, fuses, water ingress, missing dust caps caused corrosion of connections etc? If the HID are aftermarket, then something to do with those I'd bet.

Thanks for the replies. My dad has just came to work to pick it up to take it to the garage and the wipers wont work. They go up ut wont go down untill the engine is turned off and back on etc. And the lights where just on before i noticed them out the window in work. This sounds like its going to be a nightmare

Could be battery, could even be failing alternator.

Water in the front SAM would be my guess.

Wont be getting looked at till Monday now so wont know anything till then. Its not the battery anyway so the cheap fix is out haha

A signal acquisition module. A thing with many many wires coming and going. It's a sealed unit, but if yours has the lid missing or open?

It certainly sounds like a SAM it is common in the w203 as the water drains onto the SAM if a cover is left off.
Not sure if the W204 is similar but certainly worth a look.

So I rang the garage today amd told them to check this SAM. The garage dont really deal with stuff like this but I have a good relationship with them as my dad and I take our cars there for mots and have done for years. Anyway they said the car was dead when they tried to move it this morning so charged it up and all seems fine.

Had it back about 20 mins and the dahs lit up. Abs esp pre safe crusie control etc all not working the indicators wipers wont work.
A similar thing happend last year whilst the car was under warranty and mercedes replaced a control unit.

Does anybody know what the warranty is on parts as it seems to be the same thing now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom