Limited Functionality?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

portzy

MB Enthusiast
Car
An SLK R171 with lots of toys and a Golf Plus for fishing.
Was having a look at a couple of price lists this morning and the cost of COMAND in particular. I noticed a rider in the comments section that Navigation and/or CD Palyback has limited ''funcionality''. I tried to get a sensible description of exaclty what this means but as usual I dont fully trust the guys/girls to give me a full run down of this. Anyone know.

Thanks in anticipation.

Portzy.

Was having a look at a couple of price lists this morning and the cost of COMAND in particular. I noticed a rider in the comments section that Navigation and/or CD Palyback has limited ''funcionality''. I tried to get a sensible description of exaclty what this means but as usual I dont fully trust the guys/girls to give me a full run down of this. Anyone know.

Thanks in anticipation.

Portzy.

I'm not sure what you are seeking here.

What comand unit are you interested in and for which car?

Thanks in anticipation.

Portzy.

I think your meaning that you can either use navigation cd/dvd or audio cd/dvd in the unit

When using the navigation you can't use audio in the head unit and when using audio you can't use naviatigion?

Im just guessing?

Sorry, I wasnt specific enough :eek: . Its the one in the current SLK price list on the MB website and I'm assuming its SLK specific which has an internal drive for CD's and a seperate drive in the boot, as does my present set up.

The actual wording is:

''Simultaneous use of navigation and audio CD possible, but with limited functionality unless CD changer, (code 819), is ordered. Region 2 DVD's only. DVD Navigation drive in luggage compartment''

I know that the nav disc lives in the boot drive so I cannot understand why you would want another nav CD in the main COMAND drive also :confused: .

I'm just wondering what functionalities cease to function as I cant say I have noticed anything not working correctly with what I have now.

Portzy.

Sorry, I wasnt specific enough :eek: . Its the one in the current SLK price list on the MB website and I'm assuming its SLK specific which has an internal drive for CD's and a seperate drive in the boot, as does my present set up.

The actual wording is:

''Simultaneous use of navigation and audio CD possible, but with limited functionality unless CD changer, (code 819), is ordered. Region 2 DVD's only. DVD Navigation drive in luggage compartment''

I know that the nav disc lives in the boot drive so I cannot understand why you would want another nav CD in the main COMAND drive also :confused: .

I'm just wondering what functionalities cease to function as I cant say I have noticed anything not working correctly with what I have now.

Portzy.

I think the comments on the website refer to the COMAND units that do not have a separate navigation drive (A/B/C/CLK/ML etc). With these units, it is possible to listen to a CD whilst navigating once the route has been determined. However, what it wouldnt support is a massive deviation from the planned route without the navigation disk being present. Having a Cd changer (or separate navigation drive) gets around the problem.

The E,CLS, SLK units that have the separate navigation drive should not be affected so I think the website/comments you saw are in error.

I think the comments on the website refer to the COMAND units that do not have a separate navigation drive (A/B/C/CLK/ML etc). With these units, it is possible to listen to a CD whilst navigating once the route has been determined. However, what it wouldnt support is a massive deviation from the planned route without the navigation disk being present. Having a Cd changer (or separate navigation drive) gets around the problem.

The E,CLS, SLK units that have the separate navigation drive should not be affected so I think the website/comments you saw are in error.

Thanks Alfie.

Thats made things perfectly clear. I must admit that I found the MB web price list confusing especially as I have the same set up, just the COMAND plus seperate boot drive, and I've noticed nothing un-toward. I'll leave the CD changer idea alone then.

Portzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom