Limiter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeffwebb

Car
E55 AMG + Suzuki Burgman 400
We have been told in previous threads that the limiter can be easily removed by someone with access to and knowledge of developer mode in comand. Does anyone know one of these elusive people? Regards, Jeff

If it were a C63 you could
stick it in Manual mode
put it in 5th gear
continue to accelerate
and hey presto it might go past the limiter:D

Comand.co. say they can't do it. I don't really want a remap, just the limiter removed. Any other suggestions gratefully received. Regards, Jeff.

This requires an add-on to STAR to do it which we dont have (yet) ;)

Have you sent a letter to Santa? :)

I removed the 80kph limiter on my dad's 7.5t truck using his cheapo Chinese star machine with developer mode. Where are you? 2 days ago I could have tried on a 210 e55, but that car is now long gone.

V12 said:
I removed the 80kph limiter on my dad's 7.5t truck using his cheapo Chinese star machine with developer mode. Where are you? 2 days ago I could have tried on a 210 e55, but that car is now long gone.

On the W211 I was advised to increase the limiter to speed that is not reachable (400 km/h) otherwise it will still have a 186 mph limit which I believe is in the Transmission Control Unit. Not sure if the W210 is the same?

Ok, I'll see if I can have a go on the simulator tomorrow evening to see if it is possible on our machine. Is yours facelift or pre?

@sav, I bet most e55 drivers would love the problem of the 186mph limiter coming into play!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom