Limp Home Mode E300td 1997

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w210paddy

Car
E300 td
I've have just bought a E300td 1997 saloon with 93000 sevice history miles on the clock. The car has been laid up for the past two years due to LIMP HOME MODE and I guess the elderly man I bought from just did'nt bother to get it seen too. But anyway pluged in scanner and it showed up faults in gear box sensors all five of them I rebooted them but that didnt clear them. So I had to hand another ECU put that one in and it cleared them but showed up Trottle sensor fault on this ecu and still same result Limp home mode. Now I'm a w124 300d and 24v owner and never worked on a 300td. dont where to turn now !!! anyone can enlighten me what to do next.
The only other visable fault on the car are slow windows on the close mode and they stick also BAS comes on as well.

any help would be greatfully apreciated

regards Henri

The BAS warning is probably the brake lamp switch.
The throttle sensor is the accelerator pot in the engine bay. It uses two internal wipers, one to provide the voltage to the ECU and the other to provide a position feedback. If either is faulty the ECU will throw a code.

Is the BAS light come when you try start the engine? The BAS light is also a low battery warning, this might explain the slow windows, not enough juice?
Does it start OK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom