Limp mode again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176
Not having much joy with my car lately, it's gone into Limp mode this morning and yet again it's the kick down.
Seriously thinking of getting shut of this car I'm at wits end with it now.
ST I had was a bit temperamental but nothing like this A250.
Going to go back to a GTI or a ST I think so may be my last post on here as I'm off see how much this peace of crap is worth.
And have a look at a ST mk7

Sorry to hear that!

I too had recently gone through a limp mode experience (and it's not nice!), when the OSF seal came loose on the wheel bearing - the sensor went nuts and the car dropped to 30mph on DCW :crazy:

Got everything fixed by MB Northampton in two days, with Mercedes Roadside Assistance couldn't have been more helpful - free taxi, courtesy GLA, etc.

Expensive repair though, as I ended up having wheel bearing, sensor and ball joint replaced.

Still like this little car, and can't afford a replacement anyway ...

Absolutely best of luck whatever you decide to do :thumb:

I'll PM you my contact details :cool:

Sorry to hear that!

I too had recently gone through a limp mode experience (and it's not nice!), when the OSF seal came loose on the wheel bearing - the sensor went nuts and the car dropped to 30mph on DCW :crazy:

Got everything fixed by MB Northampton in two days, with Mercedes Roadside Assistance couldn't have been more helpful - free taxi, courtesy GLA, etc.

Expensive repair though, as I ended up having wheel bearing, sensor and ball joint replaced.

Still like this little car, and can't afford a replacement anyway ...

Absolutely best of luck whatever you decide to do :thumb:

I'll PM you my contact details :cool:

Diagnostics should have error codes which will point to the fault

Diagnostics should have error codes which will point to the fault

I know but it's the 3rd time it's gone in limp mode in the last two months now, and at 70 quid to plug and read the codes is getting on my **** now.
Fed up wasting my time and hard earned cash with this car so it's gotta go I'm afraid.
Might be swayed to have a look at A220 MB are trying to sell me.
But also fancy a nice ST I've seen decision decision :thumb:

find a good indie, he might not charge for the diagnosis if he's getting the work. But I'd get him to read the fault after it's occurred, but importantly before turning the engine off.

Glad you've got it sorted now mate :thumb:

I didn't realise that yours was out of the manufactures warranty!

I took ours out for a blast yesterday ;) it's only 0.3 of a second quicker to 62mph than my C250d, but it feels SO much quicker!

It's such a fun car, see you at Benz on the green :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom