Limp mode on a 2008 CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaaaymey

Car
Cls 320 2008
Good morning,

I'm having trouble with my 2008 CLS 320. I live in a remote area and have to Join the A1 almost imediatly when i start the car. Some times when i accelerate the car goes into limp mode, wont let me rev past 3000k. I stop turn the car off and it clears it, drives as it should. It doesnt do this all the time but its annoying when it does.

Any idea what it could be?

Many thanks

Good morning,

I'm having trouble with my 2008 CLS 320. I live in a remote area and have to Join the A1 almost imediatly when i start the car. Some times when i accelerate the car goes into limp mode, wont let me rev past 3000k. I stop turn the car off and it clears it, drives as it should. It doesnt do this all the time but its annoying when it does.

Any idea what it could be?

Many thanks
Start with getting the fault codes read (you could buy an icarsoft MB2 if you are handy)
It could be turbo, swirl flaps , inlet port motor , the list goes on …..all guess work without a fault code though .
Even a cheap generic code reader may give a clue

Start with getting the fault codes read (you could buy an icarsoft MB2 if you are handy)
It could be turbo, swirl flaps , inlet port motor , the list goes on …..all guess work without a fault code though .
Even a cheap generic code reader may give a clue
Thank you for the reply, i have it booked to be read, i forgot to mention it sometimes feels like a jump or push/lurch when it changes gears, again only a few times, other times its fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom