Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glenvine

Car
C270 CDI Avantgarde SE Estate. Sports Pack, Leather, Phone, Command APS/DX.
After returning home from a months holiday,I discovered that my ever helpful son-in-law had started my car up (C270) proir to my arrival. He told me that it struggled to start as the battery was quite low but eventually it fired up. Since then, I have repeatedly received a warning message "Light sensor fault - Visit Workshop" when I start the car. I spoke to my local garage (Indy but Merc aware) and he told me that there was little that he could do as a replacement light sensor would require a windscreen change - he told me to carry on and ignore it.
Well, yesterday my car went into Limp Mode (only 2nd gear available). Does this suggest my ECU has now collected too many of these error code and is now forcing me down to the stealers workshop door?
Advice Please.

Try another battery, it sounds like it is failing and this can cause a lot of error codes and problems you may necessarily associate with a failing battery.

Try another battery, it sounds like it is failing and this can cause a lot of error codes and problems you may necessarily associate with a failing battery.
Understand your advice - that problem is now sorted but the error codes are still there.

hit the codes out with a cheap obd2 if you not interested what the codes are really

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom