Linguatronic and cd function lost occasionally

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lynall

MB Enthusiast
Car
The silver one.
Every now and again approx once a week when i start the car and i have been listening to the cds in the changer i get a vey loud hissing noise through the speakers and the linguatronic also fails to work, when you pull the stalk you dont get the beep but the sound from the radio,cd dissapears as it should do but no voice control.

If i switch off and go to the boot the cd cassete has jammed, press eject and jab the cassete hard and out it comes, back in and all is well again, well for a week or so.

I have had the comand out and all the plugs are clean and tight and everything looks right.

So do you think the cd changer can effect the linguatronic?, bearing in mind the radio still works fine whilst the speakers hiss loudly when switched to cd changer.

Lynall

Every now and again approx once a week when i start the car and i have been listening to the cds in the changer i get a vey loud hissing noise through the speakers and the linguatronic also fails to work, when you pull the stalk you dont get the beep but the sound from the radio,cd dissapears as it should do but no voice control.

If i switch off and go to the boot the cd cassete has jammed, press eject and jab the cassete hard and out it comes, back in and all is well again, well for a week or so.

I have had the comand out and all the plugs are clean and tight and everything looks right.

So do you think the cd changer can effect the linguatronic?, bearing in mind the radio still works fine whilst the speakers hiss loudly when switched to cd changer.

Lynall

Yes a faulty CD chager can affect linguatronic. Both the Cd changer and linguatronic operate on the same fibre bus. If one component fails then it affects the others except the head unit on a D2B ring like yours.

Simple test is to leave the CD changer empty of disks and see if the fault ever appears.

Excellent Alfie thanks:) i will try that and report back after a week or so.

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom