Linguatronic and MP3s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

prprandall51

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi
Does anyone with Linguatronic (or knowledge of it) know if you can control the playing of MP3s using it?

I have Linguatronic but the system doesn't appear to have a command (that I can find in the documentation or by saying things to the system) to select the MP3 function or to navigate around tracks / folders once an MP3 disk is playing.

thanks for any help
Philip

Are you storing your tracks on the memory card or on CD?

From the Book
MP3
MP3
MP3 Player (on)
MP3 Changer (on)
Other MP3
Next MP3
Previous MP3
Last MP3
Repeat/Replay MP3
Other Directory
Next Directory
Last Directory
Previous Directory
Other Track
Next Track
Previous Track
Last Track
Repeat/Replay track
Track 1 - Track 99
Track Number 1 - Track number 99
MP3 1 - MP3 6
MP3 number 1 - MP3 number 6

My tracks are on a DVD in the DVD slot of Comand - I have a 2004/5 E class.

My linguatronic book doesn't have any of these commands that you ahve listed :( - furthermore, I have tried a few of them ("mpeg", "mepg3", "mp3") and they don't work. Even "Next track" doesn't work, though it does when playing a CD.

I wonder if there is a Linguatronic update???

Thanks for the list, SEM - I will try a few of the other commands and see if it recognises them

Does the comand play the tracks manually, can you see a track list?

Hi SEM

Yes, the system plays MP3s without any problem. I can move between folders and tracks using the soft keys on the Comand unit and I can use the steering wheel buttons to navigate tracks within a folder - I just can't use Linguatronic to manage MP3 playback.

No. That's the listing that I have in my manual. I had hoped that someone would tell me that a firmware update had added support - I would be interested to hear if any 07 E class or CLS class cars have Linguatronic control of the MP3 player? Perhaps this is limited to new platforms (such a sthe new C Class).
Philip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom