Linguatronic, German to English?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lagolag

Car
SL55 AMG, 2003
Can anyone help me with what part no. I have to use to replace my German Linguatronic Voice module to one in English?:dk:

Can anyone help me with what part no. I have to use to replace my German Linguatronic Voice module to one in English?:dk:

Which car is it for? I had the control unit reprogrammed from German to British English when I got a cheap part from Germany for the 221.

If it is the 2003 SL 55AMG, does it have a D2B based VCM?

Last edited:
Sorry, missed that.
It's a SL55 2003, built 08-2002.
"D2B based VCM" - I don't know, where can I find that info?

Sorry, missed that.
It's a SL55 2003, built 08-2002.
"D2B based VCM" - I don't know, where can I find that info?

Actually your profile had enough info for this. Looks like the R230 has changed to MOST (from D2B) only from 1.6.2004 onwards.

The D2B based control unit does not seem to be even programmable (for new SW). I'd prefer to have the car VIN to be sure about the correct part number but I believe the latest part is A2038200385 (while A2038208826 should also fit).

Wdb2304741f029122

Wdb2304741fxxxxxx

Your current VCM should either be A2038208626 or A2038200285. In this case the parts I mentioned earlier should fit.

There is a US English option with option code 396 too.

EPC assigns a different part for cars that come with a TV tuner, I did not check why. If you think you would ever consider retrofitting TV, you should consider this now. Perhaps you should ask Richard (here, or at MB GURU Q&A Board - Powered by vBulletin) about the difference between the two VCM options, I did not find a difference from the wiring diagrams, could it be about the support for TV-control?

Thank you very much for taking your time and help me!
Thanks for letting me know about MBGURU site, I was unaware that site.

One more question,
Do I need to connect to the car diagnostics to do any settings changes when I replace the VCM?

One more question,
Do I need to connect to the car diagnostics to do any settings changes when I replace the VCM?

When I checked from DAS if the control unit SW can be updated, DAS explained that no coding is needed when a new control unit is taken into use.

Good when fitting a new box but this comes with the cost that the language cannot be changed or even SW bugs cannot be fixed from an existing control unit (you might want to double check this, I only had a quick look, can do it again if necessary).

Now it's done, got new VCM (2038200385) today from UK and installed it in 20 min, very easy.
Thanks again for great support!

Cheers
Lars

Your current VCM should either be A2038208626 or A2038200285. In this case the parts I mentioned earlier should fit.

There is a US English option with option code 396 too.

I have a W220 MJ 04 (MOST) and I was told that my parts are different. To install Voice Control it is A 203 820 7585 or the older A 203 820 6785 or the older A220 820 7726,

What functions do I gain/lose with each of these parts?
Why on earth are there so many different parts? Why not just one VCM for all cars?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom