Linguatronic module part numbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul Grainger

Car
SL55, Porsche 996 C2 convertible
Does anyone (possibly with access to EPC) know the correct part numbers for a 2005 (ie MOST bus) linguatronic module for a R230 SL?

Alternatively...... Can anyone confirm that module A203 820 7585 is suitable for this car?

Thanks to anyone who may be able to provide this information...... My retrofit project is stalling!

Paul G

Does anyone (possibly with access to EPC) know the correct part numbers for a 2005 (ie MOST bus) linguatronic module for a R230 SL?

Alternatively...... Can anyone confirm that module A203 820 7585 is suitable for this car?

Thanks to anyone who may be able to provide this information...... My retrofit project is stalling!

Paul G

That will work in the car but its an early part and has been superceded twice since production.

Thanks for replying Alfie. Do you happen to know what the 'newer' part numbers are?

Can you confirm that A211 820 6285 is not compatible with this car? I've got one of these and it doesn't seem to work. It would help if I could confirm that it doesn't work due to compatibility issues rather than something else on the MOST network.

Thanks again

Paul G

It should work. Can you see it on the MOST bus ? When they fail, they tend to fail leaving the fibre looped properly, and then your phone won't work as the microphones connect to it and not the phone controller

Richard - the phone is working fine through the A211 820 6285 module and there are no errors showing, the MOST loop is in the correct sequence, and the rest of the audio systems are all ok. When I pull the VCS lever nothing happens and its looking more and more like the VCS module that I have may have compatibility problems.

I have the chance of a A203 820 7585 and I really wanted to know if this would work with my car, and that the reason the VCS doesnt work at the moment is because the existing module is not compatible. I don't want to spend money on another module if it's still not going to work :(

Paul G

I have the chance of a A203 820 7585 and I really wanted to know if this would work with my car, and that the reason the VCS doesnt work at the moment is because the existing module is not compatible. I don't want to spend money on another module if it's still not going to work :(

Paul G

That part is listed as suitable for your car.

I would like to say a big 'thank you' for the messages and help that I received with this project. The VCS is now working perfectly following the replacement of the VCS module with one that is compatible with the car.

Particualr thanks to:

Richard
Diesel Benz
Alfie

Happy Benzing!
Paul G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom