Linguatronic not working in Navigation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

liamt

Car
2022, AMG A35 Premium Plus, Patagonia Red
Linguatronic is not working correctly in my 2018 W205. I can control the radio and switch between Radio,Navigation etc with it however, I've noticed that it has stopped working specifically within navigation. For example in the 'enter destination' menu when you say the Town, Street and House Number the system pauses for about 30 seconds and the voice returns "Device Unavailable". As far as I'm aware every other part of the Linguatronic system controls Comand Online fine, it is just within Navigation that is not working. I believe the issue possibly started a few months back, the car went into the MB Bodyshop for a repair to the tailgate and I believe that they disconnected the Car's Battery (I got Mercedes me alerts informing me so).
I've tried re-calibrating Linguatronic by deleting and recreating the individualisation data (essentially it learns my voice again) and I've also performed a system reset. Both of these have not solved the issue. I believe it is possibly a software glitch, it is due its first service next Month so I may ask them to check for Software Updates and bring it up with my dealer. I was wondering if anyone had a similar issue? Also as part of my troubleshooting I was trying to find the System version and also the Map Version, does anyone know where I can possibly find this within the system?

Thanks

Liam

Update - So I'm no further forward with this despite resetting everything. It is a rather weird issue given that Linguatronic is actually working everywhere else within Comand just not within navigation. I'll ask the dealer to take a look when it does in next month for its service. Is anyone aware of a recent firmware update for NTG5.5?

Thought I'd provide a little update on this. The car went into my local dealer who upgraded the Comand version which fixed the problem, linguatronic is now working within navigation. Noticed a few menu changes in the new version which look good.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom