Linguatronic retrofit on a W221

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gugs86

Car
2007 W221 S320 CDi, 2001 W210 E200K Avantgarde, 2002 VW Golf 1.6 SE MK4
is it possible if we could retrofit linguatronic on a W221 and how much will it cost

The task itself is not hugely difficult, however, two price issues occour

a) have you got the linguatronic buttons on the steering wheel.
b) the linguatronic module is expensive

Richard

the button is already on the steering wheel just need the module

The W221 voice control units can be reprogrammed for different languages. I bought a German language unit from eBay.de at a couple of hundred Euros (from a wrecked car) plus the W203 wiring harness that makes the installation easy.

if you can pick up a 2nd hand unit thats your best bet, its a mine field out there tho.

i retrofitted the option for about £500, that was with a new cheap module.

if you can pick up a 2nd hand unit thats your best bet, its a mine field out there tho.

i retrofitted the option for about £500, that was with a new cheap module.

Did that include the activation stalk? The 221 would be a bit cheaper since it already has the steering wheel button.

Did that include the activation stalk? The 221 would be a bit cheaper since it already has the steering wheel button.

hi Deisel Benz, hope your well mate?

that wasa rough fugure, for the w211 you are correct, i had to change the cruise control switch module to get one with the slot for the linguatronic lever, the housing, linguatronic lever itself, also dont forget the most fibre. it wasnt a cheap retrofit by far

what about on a w210?

what about on a w210?

Almost the same, apart from microphone is fed to both the phone module and the VCS module. Modules are expensive, I have a used one from my SL though (replaced the old D2B system with NTG2.5)

R

Hello,
I own W221 2006 EU edition - almost full option with no linguatronic. My sterling wheel is equipped with buttons. What I need to buy ? I assume Linguatronic ECU/module - I can order in very good price module A2218703387 - I need advice if this will work with my MB (can be used module reprogrammed to my car using StarDiagnose) ? Will be any additional wiring harness required or Mercedes is factory equipped with full cabling ?
Can some of experienced users write steps required to retrofit Linguatronic ?
My mechanic has StarDiagnose - programming will not be an issue (I hope).
Thank you a lot.

Hello,
I own W221 2006 EU edition - almost full option with no linguatronic. My sterling wheel is equipped with buttons. What I need to buy ? I assume Linguatronic ECU/module - I can order in very good price module A2218703387 - I need advice if this will work with my MB (can be used module reprogrammed to my car using StarDiagnose) ? Will be any additional wiring harness required or Mercedes is factory equipped with full cabling ?
Can some of experienced users write steps required to retrofit Linguatronic ?
My mechanic has StarDiagnose - programming will not be an issue (I hope).
Thank you a lot.

This is a Spanish language part. If you want it in English, the part can be programmed like mentioned earlier in this thread.

EPC says this particular part is for the serial number range from A097051 to A290169. I assume it would be fine for an earlier model too but better to check it first. There is a change in the car wiring when they moved from 4 microphones to 2. There must be a version coding option for this, or the part adapts automatically.

You will need a piece of MOST fibre with a connector because you will be adding a new leg on the fibre ring. You will need a wiring harness too, as above in the thread, I recommend a W203 wiring harness part. The microphone wiring will need to be moved from the phone control unit to the voice control unit. After that you only need version coding and software updates (better to have a lot of time for that to have all involved control units updated to a compatible SW level.

If you don't have the reversing camera, you will need a bracket to which the voice control unit is attached.

At the time I did this, the correct fuse carrier was not available as a spare part and I was not able to power the voice control unit from the assigned fuse. The unit does not need much power, you can feed it from the fuse of another MOST device, perhaps the AMP is not the best one but there are many to choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom