Linkin' Park frontman dead...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:eek: No way... :eek:

One of my favourite bands in my teens and still held in very high regard today. They're a fantastic band and Chester's voice and style was one of the band's signature sounds.

Wow :(

I liked their early tracks for sure, was a bit confused with the rap and rock vibe but hey ho.

They were fairly unique with that style at the time. Others have followed since, although not pulled it off nearly as well.

They brought together different 'cliques' of kids at school who never associated. Rap fans, emo kids, skaters, etc.

Jay-Z even got involved, which was a bit of a step too far for me, but it did wonders with bolstering their rap/hip-hop fan following.

Part of their success is that they had something for everyone.

"From the inside" is my personal favourite track. There's a brief interlude midway through with just Chester's faded voice singing "Take everything from the inside" before the entire band kicks in again which to 15 year old me was just the coolest thing ever. :rock:

I found this. Linkin Park did a concert in memory of Chester, without him, obviously.

At 12:00 in, they perform Numb, one of their most famous songs, as an instrumental. There's just Chester's microphone, stood draped in ivy, it's pretty emotional. Sometimes you don't realise what was there until it's gone.

Later on in the gig, they get other guest singers (including some pretty big names) to pay homage to Chester, which really shows how good he was. They're all trying their best but sound lightweight and hollow in comparison. Like putting Sam Smith in place of Lemmy in motorhead.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

His wife Telinda says thanks to Mercedes-AMG for making the event possible, kinda on topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom