Linksys wireless router

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CE230

Car
230CE
I've been having lots of problems with the home wireless network and have recently had the modem replaced by Virgin. However, whenever I switch the power off in the house to do any electrical work the router disconnects ands won't pick up the connection again so I was thinking of replacing this too so would welcome any recommendations.

I have been thinking abut a dual band such as the Netgear Rangemax so that my daughters downloading doesn't interfere with my surfing.

I assume you have a separate cable modem which feeds to the linksys wireless router via ethernet or are you talking about a ADSL (telephone line) combined modem+router?

if its virgin media then normally it will be a cable modem linked via usb or ethernet to a wireless router. I'm on my third wireless router, have tried belkin (very poor dropping connection, then gave up th ghost after 2years). netgear lasted 6 months, returned to ebuyer and replaced with a linksys WRT54GL. The linksys is rock solid and never drops its connection, has performed impecably for 2 years now.

I have used Belkin.....verdict - useless and never again.

I now also use a Linksys WRT54GL and I have no problems with this.

Thanks for the advice guys, have ordered a WRT54GL from ebuyer that should arrive today.

I am quite happy to stick with the Linksys as the one I have has only recently started to give me problems and it must be quite ancient as I've had it since the early days of broadband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom