LIQUI MOLY MOS2 M156 ENGINE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spider10

MB Enthusiast
Car
c63 amg w204 now w205 c63
Hi I've just been having a discussion with someone who owns a e63 and he mentioned that he uses liqui moly mos2 oil additive as a preventative measure I'm not a believer in additives of any type.and never used in any of my vehicles
I just wounded if anyone else has used it or heard of it
Thanks in advance

Just to add it is a high mileage 1 96,000

I have used Liqui Moly MOS2 for many years back in the eighties and nineties, added to mineral engine oil, and it was great.

Personally, I wouldn't dream of adding this (or any other so-called 'friction modifier') to modern hi-tech synthetic engine oils, though.

I know some people do use various additives even with advanced engine oils such as Shell Helix Ultra or Fuchs or Mobil1 etc, but hey, it's their engine.... so you'll have to make up your own mind, because you're unlikely to find a concensus here.

Last edited:
That was my thoughts exactly but I kept quiet just listen sometimes is the better option 😉

I've never used anything other than oil as you say back in the 80''s maybe abit of redex but today's engine's and oils do the job there meant to do👍

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Additives are a con and I'd be amazed if they had any effect what so ever. It's impossible to prove on your own car because there is no control. If you use it and the car runs great you might believe in the product but it would have run great anyway. Its the same principle of sale as anti aging skin products or diet supplements.

Also if it was that good it would already be put in the oil by the massive oil companies competing for the best products

and the technology in the additive that causes it to stick to surfaces to reduce friction is not going to be healthy for a filter

Not to mention that the amateur video clips on YouTube 'testing' these additives mostly use a simple pressure test rig which does not resemble the condition inside an engine.

In the 90's i put STP in an old taxi diesel engine, it certainly quietened the engine down, it took about 20 minutes for it to pour out the tin, i would hate to put any additives in any engine now days they spend a fortune designing an engine, then you could add someones different oil not recommended recipe for disaster i would think.

Given the amount of time, money, testing and expertise that the oil companies put into formulating their engine oil products (base oils and additive packages), I wouldn’t want to put anything else in there. Especially in today’s vehicles that have very expensive exhaust after treatment systems. In addition, too much additive can result in piston cleanliness issues. So I’ll pass thanks.

Q. Does Liqui Moly have any OEM, ASTM or CEC approvals?

Last edited:
Instead of wasting money on an additive of a questionable benefit there is plenty of evidence to suggest that frequent/regular oil changes are probably the best way to extend engine life.

Instead of spending money on an additive bring your next oil change further forward, I’m sure it’ll do your engine better.

If they were so good car manufacturers would recommend them.

Add more fuel instead and SMILE😃😃
That's my opinion ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom